1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
407 Posts
wouldn't it be great if they did- I'll call them also, maybe if they get enough phone calls in a day then perhaps they will develop them.

·
Registered
973 Posts
It was me! They do have them, they say, but need YOUR computer to remove and install the "new" chip. My big complaint is that the dyno chart is hand drawn and I doubt they pulled a 3.5L to get those at the flywheel numbers anyway. It was me that also said the engine is at about max, I read that in the 300M forum I think.

·
Registered
261 Posts
ok, as far as us first gen owners are concerned, I really dont think our engines are tweaked out considering the R/T pulls 250 horse out of the same engine. So theres some room for improvement. I also saw something from Jet Performance in the Summit racing catalog that I just got in the mail. Its a Jet "power module" that is a plug in device. p/n JET-68006 1996-2001 Concord/Intrepid/LHS 3.2/3.3/3.5L engines.... $199.95 Im going to have to call JET for more details on this. I dunno about that ASE deal, I wouldnt send them MY pcm. Anyway, I honestly think we first gen guys need to take action to petition someone to make a chip. Ill check out this JET thing, but if it doesnt sound solid, I say we try to convince superchips to do a chip, with a letter including a list of names. After all, they already did one for the OBD-1 computers, y can't they finish the job?

·
Registered
261 Posts
YES you did pimped! Im going to have to call JET personally tomorrow, so when I find out more info, ill message you next time I see you on aim, and ill post it here

·
Registered
109 Posts
I emailed ASE asking about a chip for my 3.2. This is what they sent me. In my opinion, the gains are not worth the money spent on the chip and the higher octane fuel. The reference to the manual transmission, also scares me. Makes me wonder if they really know a damn thing about are cars. :confused:

Price: $349.00 (includes installation) IN STOCK!!

*Performance gains 8% hp and 8% torque.
*Performance gains at Partial and Full throttle.
*Modified Fuel and Ignition tables.
*Top Speed Limiter Removed.
*Increased Rev. Limiter. (Manual Transmission only)
*OBD-II compliant, means no MILs.
*Improved drivability.
*30 Day trial guarantee.
*48hrs. Shipping turn around. (ECU/or PCM must be ship to us)
*All done using in shop 3-D software for best results.

*It is recommended that the vehicle use Premium Fuel, e.g., 91-93 Octane grade.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or fax

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by BigLos:

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call or fax
Maybe you should call them and ask them what model(s) of Intrepid come with the manual transmission. :D

The more and more I hear about ASE, the more I WON'T be buying anything from them. Thanks for the info BigLos.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No problem!

I don't think I would ever buy anything from there either.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I would like to have my top speed limiter removed but not for that price. And manual Trep eh? They might wanna give Dodge a ring and let 'em know they have a manual Intrepid.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Manual eh? Hmm....well, I do drive my car manually.....It doesn't usually drive itself!!!
:D :D :D

I have heard that those Jet chips aren't very good either.....and STAY AWAY FROM VENOM!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 2.7 Stratus Chip

Does anyone know if the 2.7l Stratus has a chip that is tuned any better than the 2.7l Treps? Would they be compatable?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Re: The 2.7 Stratus Chip

Magic_t said:
Does anyone know if the 2.7l Stratus has a chip that is tuned any better than the 2.7l Treps? Would they be compatable?
I don't see why not, I have a 2.7L, and I wouldn't waste my hard earned $$$.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey crombiekid23. On quick excel I experience a lag between the sound og the engine reving up and actual pull at the wheels. Like there's a build up then all of a sudden something kicks in. So you experience anything like that?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Magic_t said:
Hey crombiekid23. On quick excel I experience a lag between the sound og the engine reving up and actual pull at the wheels. Like there's a build up then all of a sudden something kicks in. So you experience anything like that?
I expierence that at least once a day. It USED to piss me off. I took it to the dealer (still under warranty), and they couldn't find jackshit wrong with it. So i've learned to live with it. Every so often I'll permit my wife to drive the trep, and she has never noticed before. Soooooo..... it'll have the problem until the day it dies. :wink:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Who here thinks that the 1st gen 3.5 and the second gen 3.5 are the same??? THEY AREN'T THE SAME *coumorongh* :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts