DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, the day that every TREPID owner fears came for me today. I was in a car accident. I was side swipped by a 2000 FORD F-350. Guy ran a light and would never have been able to stop. Car held up amazingly compared to the beast that hit me. I was surprised the damn thing didn't roll over my car considering how tall the damn thing was compared to my Intrepid. Now, I dont know if I want to keep the car or send it to its grave. I really love my 2000 TREP. Dont want to see it go but I might have to depending on what the insurance company says. Well, maybe I can find a nice used 2000 R/T like I wanted from the beginning.

Hope non of you go through this with your cars. :( :mad: :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you are doing OK. Bottom line....the car can be replaced, the human body can not....

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
agreed...you have your health. hope everything works out in your favor.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, accident is my worst fear, hope your doing alright,

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. Did you have side airbags and if so.. did they deploy?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
yea, Big truck runnin a light.. I am very glad you are alright. Just be thankful your car wasn't any smaller, he might have run over ya.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hope you are OK. Accidents really are crazy experiences... crap!

I just got back from the movies. I counted at least 6 different cars that must have had some really drunk people driving them. They were all over the road! I mean swerving into oncoming traffic....blowing through red lights. Man...I really didn't feel safe out there! Weekends suck around here man.

·
Registered
990 Posts
hey.. sorry to hear about ur accident.. I know the feeling.. I was in one in my 96 Trep. Car side swiped me right across the road.. in the snow.. I have a pic of the damage I can send if anyone wants to see.. just email me.. still have the car.. & love it =) guys did a great job fixing it.. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THanks for the warm thoughts guys!!

No I did not have side bags. Car did pretty damn well with out them though! TOUGH CAR!!!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Glad you were not hurt. To bad about your ride. If he ran the red light then its his fault,you should do all right with the Ins Co.

·
Registered
207 Posts
sorry about your luck.
the good thing is that you have your health.
good luck finding a new ride.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Glad you are ok.

Tell his ins. co that you will be ordering a 2002 R/T loaded and that they will pay for it. When they balk, you start to have neck and back pains.

Now the big choice, Black, White, or Silver.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ever heard of "no fault insurance"?

Originally posted by Warlord187:
Glad to hear you're ok. I almost go into an accident today. Some asshole pulled out in front of me. Even though the 'Trep is a full size car, it sure is a nimble sucka!

Being that it's the other dudes fault, shouldn't the other dudes insurane pay for it?
[*]null

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
But that wouldn't apply in this case, it was clearly the other person's fault. If the police report show's that, and if the insurance companies do go ahead and declare it no fault, I would sue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts