DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IDD IX - April 28-29th

Group,
What I have listed above is one of the 2 big racing dates of the year that I attend. This is twice a year in April, and November. This is held at Norwalk Raceway Park. This is a private event, and we have the track all to ourselves.
There is a car show planned on 4/28 (I don't think our cars would qualify) and racing is on 4/29. My group I go with usually plans on prepping the cars on the car show day, then racing on the race day (obivously) You will never prolly be on a finer racing surface, or better racing prep. they typically glue the track to the 660' mark. You literally walk out of your shoes..that is how well it is glued.
We get a hotel at the Norwalk Amerihost....

Here is a link to the post on 3800pro.com:

Intense Drag Days IX

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CaptainMorgan said:
Wait, is that intense as in intense motor sports? Scott Cook lives accross the street from me.
Yes sir, you are correct sir.
The one and the same!!

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Interesting, I see him putting his car on the trailer to go race all the time. That GTP of his that runs ten second quarter miles is insane. When he revs it up to get it up the trailer the whole neighborhood shakes.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
shadowvox6 said:
Group,
What I have listed above is one of the 2 big racing dates of the year that I attend. This is twice a year in April, and November. This is held at Norwalk Raceway Park. This is a private event, and we have the track all to ourselves.

Thanks
Sorry Tom, somewhat confused. I was only able to view the first page of the link you posted. I live kind close to Norwalk DW and am interested. Are you saying it is open to DI.net users or just to the 3800 forum users? Can you elaborate for us that are understanding challenged??? LOL

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dudley said:
Sorry Tom, somewhat confused. I was only able to view the first page of the link you posted. I live kind close to Norwalk DW and am interested. Are you saying it is open to DI.net users or just to the 3800 forum users? Can you elaborate for us that are understanding challenged??? LOL
Once registrations is open, you can go to www.intense-racing.com, and register for the even there. It is pretty much open to anyone. It is one helluva a fun event. I would love to have some good competition to go against. Now, we wouldn't be eligible for prizes since we are not cars that are supported by Intense (we would be in the exhibition class) But, nowhere else will you find the level of track prep you will find at IDD. For example, they usually glue the track to 660'- that's half track!!! That is as good as it gets guys. And the facility is top notch. I doubt you will find a better facility east of the Mississippi, and arguably in the US.

Once registration is open, I will post a link to registration.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
BTW, if anyone is interested...
There are a couple of weddings in Norwalk that particular weekend.
I am staying at the All American Inn...that is where the party usually is.
That hotel is booked up at the moment.
However, one the "block hold" for the wedding parties comes off at the end of March, there will prolly be more rooms available.
There are other hotels in the area as well:

Bestwestern in Norwalk is 419-663-3501
All American Inn in Norwalk is 419-663-1922

The quote below is from Todd Allen of Intense Racing.

I spoke with Susan the manager of both the Best Western and the All American Inn (Formally Amerihost) in Norwalk this morning. As many people have stated there are two weddings in town that weekend and may rooms are blocked for those events.

I am working with Susan to get a room block for us and most likely it will be at the Best Western as only a few rooms are available at the All American Inn. I won't know how many rooms until she calls me back but pricing will be $53.95. If you have already made reservations for that weekend at either hotel, please call, confirm them, mention you are with INTENSE Drag Days and that your rate is $53.95 rate (if you got a better deal stick with it ).

The wedding parties have the rooms blocked but not sold. They have until 30 days before the weekend to get the room sold (put on hold with a credit card) and if they don't they will be released to us so if you can't get a room once we have the block in place you may want to try on April 1st or 2nd once those rooms open up.
If you want to check out other accomodations, please look here:
http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/for-our-fans/lodging

TIA

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an FYI, I got the official word from Intense Racing...we are all welcome to enjoy the racing festivities. So, come one, come all!!

:)

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.intense-racing.com/

Registration is now open for this event.
There is a link to the site.

If you are coming, get registered early as the price goes up soon.

Event Information:

Racing is on 4/29
Rain Date is 4/30

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dudley said:
Are we going to show, race or both??? Or just spectate??
I am only going to be racing.
As I will be working on prepping cars on Saturday.

Besides, I do not believe that we are eligible for the show...but I will check.

Thanks
Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts