Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking today of a different kind of COM this December. Let's SCALE it down, literally. Let's do a scale model build off. Let's see who can make the coolest model.

Rules:
1) Only 1:24 or 1:25 scale
2) Any vehicle of your choice
3) Must be submitted by Nov 30th
4) Only submitter may work on it
5) Only one vehicle may be submitted

Came up with the idea when I started my '66 Chevelle today.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
i totally think it sounds like a great idea as a contest but not as a real COTM contest

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Sounds like a great idea! This might get me motivated to finished the ones i build. LOL

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
That thing is nice I can't do anything that good with the break lines, vacuum hoses and plug wires.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
your headlights need buffing! lol

I think the idea is a good idea but not for COTM.
Best Model of the month is cool though...

MOTM

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
your headlights need buffing! lol

I think the idea is a good idea but not for COTM.
Best Model of the month is cool though...

MOTM
Yea, side effect of using crazy glue.

The cool part of the car and that pic is that you can see thru the grill so it has that 'real' look to it.

MOTM was an idea that I had today for a web site specific to car club members and not just this club but all car clubs.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Woah! you cut out the grill to. i didn't see that. that is awesome. You can't be part of this contest LOL

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Woah! you cut out the grill to. i didn't see that. that is awesome. You can't be part of this contest LOL
Hehe. That took me hrs to do. A little filing, sanding, more filing, sanding, cutting, filing, and more sanding.

The engine was the longest part. That took more nearly 6 hrs. The engine I'm working on now is on 8 hrs and 6 Advil :)

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
somewhere around here is my 64 Falcon, i put together to take to the shows with, black with red interior,, ,, gonna have to dig in some boxes

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
The engine was the longest part. That took more nearly 6 hrs. The engine I'm working on now is on 8 hrs and 6 Advil :)
how much of the engine do they have you assemble?

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Hehe. That took me hrs to do. A little filing, sanding, more filing, sanding, cutting, filing, and more sanding.

WOW! it don't take me anywhere near that long to do an engine maybe 30-45 min to have it done. but I don't put in all the detail you do I do mostly paint details and that is it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how much of the engine do they have you assemble?
Typically it's 10 - 12 pieces depending on the maker of the model and how detailed they went. What takes so long is the detail I put into them. For instance the engine I'm working on now I have the spark plug wires done, wired up the starter solenoid, vacuum tube for carb, the ignition coil wired up. Working on making the vacuum tube for the brakes that come off of the driver side valve cover. Next will be the alternator wiring.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WOW! it don't take me anywhere near that long to do an engine maybe 30-45 min to have it done. but I don't put in all the detail you do I do mostly paint details and that is it.
I do it to see if I can :D Feels really satisfing when it comes out really good.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Typically it's 10 - 12 pieces depending on the maker of the model and how detailed they went. What takes so long is the detail I put into them. For instance the engine I'm working on now I have the spark plug wires done, wired up the starter solenoid, vacuum tube for carb, the ignition coil wired up. Working on making the vacuum tube for the brakes that come off of the driver side valve cover. Next will be the alternator wiring.
holy crap! sounds like you should be able to start the car when your done!! lol jk of course. you glue all these peices in?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
holy crap! sounds like you should be able to start the car when your done!! lol jk of course. you glue all these peices in?
Every freakin little piece

1 - 20 of 24 Posts