DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, Internet Explorer 6.0 is blocking me from accessing my school's domain. Therefore, I can not open any pages that end in uwo.ca...
I've been trying to do some research, but can't open the website www.lib.uwo.ca. I'm getting pretty frustrated because i've check all the Internet Explorer options and no websites are blocked. What should I do?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, i tired to ping the website. Sent: 4 Packets, Recieved: 0, Loss: 100%.
I have never seen this before.
I don't have any aftermarket firewalls installed. I'm running XP SP2 straight up...

Ry

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I can access the website, but I can't ping it. I can ping other sites though.

Interesting.

Seriously though, have you tried using another browser? If you can access it through another browser, than you know it is an IE thing. If you can't access it through another browser, well, than chances are it isn't an IE thing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, well after 4 hours of trouble shooting and an abundance of google searches to remedy this problem, I finally fixed it! Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I fixed it by unpluging my modem for about 3 hours. This would cause my ISP to assign a new IP address to my comp. Perhaps my IP address was somehow blocked by the domain.

Thanks again for all your help - you're all getting positive rep. points.

So happy to have this fixed.

Ryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts