DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few hours ago I watched the reveal of a brand new product developed by chrysler's in house ENVI team, the Chrysler 200c EV Concept. Check it out on google or Chrysler LLC: Corporate Website - Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Chrysler Financial, Mopar and GEM. If they make this vehicle, EV, V6, V8, or w/e I will buy one in a heartbeat! Seriously, I love the electronic gizmos on this machine! They should just make it now with w/e tech they can throw in it. Then as the years go by, update it by installing the complicated things they cannot do right now. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
-FirecatF7

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
looks like a very nice ride!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
well it looks very nice from shape and specs. The problem is cost. The chevy volt (which now looks like a piece of crap) had price sticker of 40K, which is simply ridiculous. Search online for something called BYD E6. It is an electrical vehicle ready for production (though obviously not in US) NOW, by a chinese car maker BYD. Despite the fact that BYD is not known in the US, they are the worlds second largest battery maker. Basically if you have a cell phone with Lithium ion battery, you most likely have their battery. Their vehicles according to many is solid from safety point of view. That car has a better specs than the volt and has a sticker price of 22K, which is almost close enough to be economically viable. (Note that when you calculate the cost to factor in the fuel cost, you MUST calculate the cost of battery deterioration, which is something people don't consider).

So if Chrysler can make the this car in the neighborhood of 25K, then that car may sell.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They should throw a gas engine in it right now and cut the current sebring, then when they finish the green crap release that as the hybrid model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If this were 25 years down the road i.e. 2034, one could argue that this would be a "retro" 300m. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'd rock one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts