DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what DCX needs to do to Dodge:

1. Build a compact 2 door (availible 4 door) like a cobalt/civic and name it the "dart".
2. Bring back the stealth, (turbo charged V-6, AWD) 2 door coupe.
3. Bring back the avenger, with a V-8, (like the 4.7L) and RWD, 2 door coupe (replacement for the stratus coupe)
4. Change the charger design to the 1999 concept design, with optional 426 hemi, 2 door, availible 4 door.
5. Bring back the challenger, keep the current concept design, except the tail lights, availible 426 hemi.
6. Dont change the magnum, give it a man's hemi (the 426)
7. No changes to the viper, bring back the gtsr(2000 concept)
8. Drop the dakota extended cab, keep the quad cab, bring back the regular cab, and a availible 426 hemi.
9. No changes to ram, drop 4 door srt 10, bring back the t-rex (maybe as a powerwagon option) and introduce a 10x10 version of the t-rex (the double dualy) as a 4500 model, bigger cummins.
10. Give the nitro an availible V-8 (like the 4.7L) as a performance option.
11. Shrink down the durango in size to a mid size (like the size of an explorer/trailblazer)
12. Come out with a new full-size SUV, name it the "rambler" (a ram chassis based SUV) like the tahoe/expedition.
13. And a extended, larger SUV version of the rambler, something like the excursion/suberban.
14. Do something COOL to the friggin caravan, like have a kick butt model, AWD, hemi, chopped roof, lowered suspension, etc., cuz, i mean, c'mon, if your gunna have a minivan, have a kick butt one, right!
15. Keep the caliber as is.
16. Drop the dorky looking sprinter or at least make it wider and shorter like a normal van, maybe even a optional V-8.
17. And take the current (2006), boxy style charger design, change it up a lil (cosmetically), name it the "diplomat" and only sell it as a police package (hemi, AWD, computer, run flats, bullit proof glass, push bar, etc.)
18. Bring back the intrepid as a large car (not a full-size, like the charger/magnum/300, there is a differance, large is bigger than a full-size), base it off the old s-class mercedes, with a hemi and RWD.

and:

1. Loose the "srt-4, srt-8, srt-10" names, the # is stupid, just call it "srt".
2. With every truck and SUV, give it a hot rod option (lowered, big engine, high horsepower, etc.) and also an off road option (like the dakota warrior concept, only availble on all dodge trucks and SUV's)
3. Team up with playstation and sony, instead of xbox and microsft
4. And take back pepsi from gm
5. A new slogan, grab life by the horns sounds kinda weird
6. And more kick @$$ commercials!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
There's a HUGE flaw with your bigger engine in everything mentality. Car makers must meet a certain average mpg. If not there are penalties. Chrysler needs the small fuel efficient engines to balance out the poor fuel economy of cars such as the 300C and Hemi Ram's.

It just can't be done.

Xbox is better than PS anyways ;)

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Avenger said:
There's a HUGE flaw with your bigger engine in everything mentality. Car makers must meet a certain average mpg. If not there are penalties. Chrysler needs the small fuel efficient engines to balance out the poor fuel economy of cars such as the 300C and Hemi Ram's.

It just can't be done.

Xbox is better than PS anyways ;)
Hell yeah. No question, I'd rather play and xbox than PS anyday. And if i had the cash I would put an xbox in my car so i could play it on lunch breaks lol.

Josiah

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Starnerf said:
GCN pwns all!
Only if you're into really fun 4 player games.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
wow
no offense man

but your ideas suck

i happen to like the current direction Dodge is heading in
and i happen to like their partnership with X-box... I own an X-Box and a Dodge
I also like the slogan "Grab Life By the Horns"
and i totally agree with Rob... bigger engine in EVERYTHING wont work, did you happen to look at gas prices recently?
Neither will rear wheel drive in a stratus sized coupe... thats just weird, people who buy the stratus dont want rear wheel drive... I wouldn't, I live in NE
The idea for the intrepid??
Talk about toally ruining the name!!!
a big rearwheel drive car like an S-class??
no way! The Intrepid is a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE large sedan, not a frigin jumbo jet... sure, I like the old S-class, but not rebadged as an Intrepid, thats just stupid...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Personally I am sick of car companies building new cars and giving them old names,such as DART,the Challenger is cool with me because at this stage of the game it looks like a Challenger,the Charger,what a freaking joke,doesn't look anything like a charger,rename it.
Anyone remember the the car built in the 80's called a Sapporo,they had the nuts to call that POS import **** box a Challenger.

The 426 Hemi is a lengend because of it's racing roots,not it's streetability,it was an oil leaking constantly out of tune embarassment on the street,ok not always but much of the time.
I'll take a new Challenger with a 6.1L fuel injected Hemi and a 6 speed over a 1970 426 pistol grip 4-speed Challenger any day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
DCboy said:
13. And a extended, larger SUV version of the rambler, something like the excursion/suberban.

A larger version of the rambler?? Like this, ahem, Rambler
This is the only rambler that I know of! BTW, Nash eventually became AMC, which, BTW, was bought by Chrysler

·
Registered
646 Posts
The reason xboxes are better (typically speaking) for car applications is because of the harddrives. a CD drive skips if you hit something or have loud bass.

I don't really agree with your opinions because of various reasons i dont care to list, but I would like to see dodge bring back the intrepid and get rid of the goddamn stratus, that thing is junk. Also release the challenger, why? Well chevy releases the corvette and ford the mustang, i think mopar needs something better and new.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
DCboy said:
If I was the president of DCX...this is what DCX needs to do to Dodge:
File for Chapter 11 !??

That's a mighty big wish list driven by personal desire rather than a carefully weighted business plan driven by the need to survive and prosper amid competition.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
geeez, relax. i only meant the whole bigger engines thing as options. i think xbox is better than ps2 but, c'mon, we all gotta admit that the ps3 is gunna spank the 360. and no, not that rambler, not any rambler, i was just throwing out names, rambler just sounds right cuz it has the word RAM IN IT, doy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sneke_eyez said:
wow
no offense man

but your ideas suck

i happen to like the current direction Dodge is heading in
and i happen to like their partnership with X-box... I own an X-Box and a Dodge
I also like the slogan "Grab Life By the Horns"
and i totally agree with Rob... bigger engine in EVERYTHING wont work, did you happen to look at gas prices recently?
Neither will rear wheel drive in a stratus sized coupe... thats just weird, people who buy the stratus dont want rear wheel drive... I wouldn't, I live in NE
The idea for the intrepid??
Talk about toally ruining the name!!!
a big rearwheel drive car like an S-class??
no way! The Intrepid is a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE large sedan, not a frigin jumbo jet... sure, I like the old S-class, but not rebadged as an Intrepid, thats just stupid...
TOTALLY RUINING THE NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
whats wrong with you boy?
that would do completely the opposite, look at the 300. the 300 is on an old e-class chassis, and in case if you havent heard, the 300 is the most awarded car ever, EVER!!!!!! and look at what it replaced, the 300m, lhs, concord (front drive V-6's) so what the h*ll would be the differance about my idea about the intrepid on an s-class and the 300/e-class!?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thaught you guys would like the whole "bigger engines in everything mentality". But i guess i was wrong. Your all into those "economicle" crap engines. Those lil wimpy, no power, no rumble, faggy, 4 bangers with a golf cart motor strapped to the side. When you think Dodge, you think big, bad and bold, right? PLEASE someone, tell me what is big, bad and bold about them wimp engines? Dodge's should have big, loud, potent, poor gas mileage engines. Its just natrual. If you want economical, queer mobiles like what you guys love so much, go buy a friggen toyota or honda. Or dodges sister company, mitsubishi. Dodge is like the harley davidson of car companies, you guys just dont seam to get that.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Instead of reviving the Challenger (although the concept looks great). They should have brought back Plymouth and revived the 'Cuda. based on the '71 with 4 round headlights and the only one that had "gills". Build the 426 Hemi with the modern refinements of the smaller hemis of today and make that the top dog option for the 'cuda,charger and magnum. The rest of the Plymouth line would be for the smaller econoboxes and mini-vans.Dodge would consist of pick-ups,SUVs,and mid size cars. The Chrysler badge would mainly be for larger cars. Chrysler built quite a few smaller Hemis before they built the original 426. But it was the 426 that scared the hell out of the competition and made the name HEMI stand out as a force to try to beat. They should also **** can the liter designation for engine size and use the cubic inch.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The 4.7 would be a step backwards for the Nitro.
The new 4.0 V6 makes more power than the 4.7 already.

What Chrysler needs to do is get better transmission yesterday.

The LX is dying for the 7g-tronic

The minivans are not even in contention, The 545RFE is really old news.

Small engine + big transmission. (Assuming the cooling and oiling systems don't fail, you know Chrysler)

·
Registered
176 Posts
wo23dodge said:
Anyone remember the the car built in the 80's called a Sapporo,they had the nuts to call that POS import **** box a Challenger.
I had a 81 Challenger. It wasn't a Challenger from the "old days" for sure but it wasn't a POS either. Mine was a two tone white & gold with the 2.6L Mitsubishi motor and ran great! I bought it from a friend's Dad with 176k and sold it with 225k and it still ran great. Never had to do anything major to the car. Regular maintenance and that was it. I loved that little car. Sold it to get a '84 Shelby Charger. Now that was a nightmare!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts