DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Chrysler goes bankrupt, I would assume the dealers would close.

I know there are a lot of aftermarket parts, but what would happen to the genuine Chrysler parts? Aren't some parts dealer only parts? Some parts I get by using mail order from the dealer.

As for repairs, when the shop I usually deal with can't fix the problem, they say to take it to the dealer. No one can figure out why my cooling fans aren't working right. I figured, I'd eventually have to take it to the dealer to be fixed. So, in the future, I may just be out of luck? I didn't want to spend the money on it now.

Scott

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
They will never completely shut down chrysler. The bankruptcy filing is to reorganize the company and make it a smaller and more efficient machine. If worse come to worse, they will just sell it off to a car manufacturer in Europe. If that happens, parts will still be available.

·
Registered
253 Posts
When Chrysler goes bankrupt, they will sell it in pieces. I'll bet Mopar is sold to somebody like NAPA.

You will have no problem getting parts. After all, Chrysler was mostly just an assembler; the parts all came from suppliers.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If Chrysler goes bankrupt, they will still build/sell/fix cars. If you dont believe me, look at the airline industry after they went bankrupt a few years back.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If Chrysler goes bankrupt, I would assume the dealers would close.

I know there are a lot of aftermarket parts, but what would happen to the genuine Chrysler parts? Aren't some parts dealer only parts? Some parts I get by using mail order from the dealer.

As for repairs, when the shop I usually deal with can't fix the problem, they say to take it to the dealer. No one can figure out why my cooling fans aren't working right. I figured, I'd eventually have to take it to the dealer to be fixed. So, in the future, I may just be out of luck? I didn't want to spend the money on it now.

Scott
mine on my 02 went out and the dealership just ended up replacing the conectors on my fans and the motors

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
They will never completely shut down chrysler. The bankruptcy filing is to reorganize the company and make it a smaller and more efficient machine. If worse come to worse, they will just sell it off to a car manufacturer in Europe. If that happens, parts will still be available.
...again,lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"After all, Chrysler was mostly just an assembler; the parts all came from suppliers."

If Chrysler goes bankrupt, the suppliers are sure to follow.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rememer AMC anyone ? I'm sure our parts would be like their's : Unobtainable.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Look at the bright side, we will have collectibles! Haha! I wish.
They are going to be like that, because they are not made anymore in the first place :D

40 years from now people are going to be like "wow! you have an old Intrepid??????"

And in 50 years, you'll be getting them converted to fly!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts