1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
**** that's funny!

·
Registered
493 Posts
A DOHC gets twice the compression because both cams work together on the upstroke and down stroke.
thats news to me
The higher the horsepower, the faster the vehicle will go.../... In general, import cars rule the scene in the matter of speed.
guess weight/aerodynamics doent have anything to do with this

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Streetdoc said:
Never a question in my mind about it! I live in a small town full of ricers and they crack me up daily!
Me and friends routinely go by the theatre by my house to check out the local rice. And there is plenty of it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i am glad that there are not as many ricers in the detroit area as they are out west, this past summer i went to cali and i was amazed at how many stupid people out there had those old ass hondas thinking that they were sweet.

·
Registered
493 Posts
i am glad that there are not as many ricers in the detroit area
Haven't seen gratoit (696 area) on a weekend night lately have you

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
mogulskierk2 said:
i am glad that there are not as many ricers in the detroit area
Haven't seen gratoit (696 area) on a weekend night lately have you
That's only a few miles from my apartment. One of these nights I'm going to go down there and pick a fight (with my car of course).

:D

Sure could use a turbo.... :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Warlord... Lemme know when you go.. I'll try and bring some of my buddies from CamaroZ28.com....If not... It'd be fun to watch you wipe the pavement w/ that orange neon w/ a 3" body lift (gotta see it to believe it)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
mogulskierk2 said:
Warlord... Lemme know when you go.. I'll try and bring some of my buddies from CamaroZ28.com....
Will do. :)

If not... It'd be fun to watch you wipe the pavement w/ that orange neon w/ a 3" body lift (gotta see it to believe it)
Did you type that right? Lift, and not drop???

Hope he doesn't have a turbo in that thing.

:)

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i wish i could sount the number of civics ive recieved challenges from. If i posted them all in "Street Stories", id be kicked out for posting too much. One of my classmates at college has a CRX and so does her boyfriend. Its like Rice Fest 03 when they show up together.

Love the diablo on there though. thats a riot.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The Mustang is Ford's answer to the Civic??? WTF??? They are 2 TOTALLY different cars. The Ford Focus has more power than a Civic does for god's sake!

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is one RPM. For the slower readers, engines basically go through 4 strokes: suck (the intake of air), squish (the compression), bang (the spark plug igniting the gases), and blow (gases out the exhaust).

i think what the page is missing is the defination of RPM for slow writers!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't think that guy's info was all that accurate. I'm not a mechanic, but it seemed a little biased, and misinformed.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
That article/paper is so poorly written. I wonder how old the author was at the time it was written. Also, as far a speed being directly related to horsepower, in an issue in Motor Trend back in 94 where they tested the top speeds of many supercars out on the market at the time, they did claim that top speed is directly relative to the amount of horsepower the engine makes. Of course there are other factors like gearing etc, but in general in cars out on the market, it's the hp rating that contributes mostly in the top speed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dilemma said:
I don't think that guy's info was all that accurate. I'm not a mechanic, but it seemed a little biased, and misinformed.
^^^^^Understatement of the year

·
Registered
493 Posts
Did you type that right? Lift, and not drop???
yes LIFT
bright orange, white racing stripes and a big whale tail (to make it go faster) and a system..Just incase you didnt notice it driving by
Doesn't even have big rims on it.. they look like 13" rims.. but they maybe stock sized, just look samller due to the lift
He was out there religiously last year....

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Maybe the lift is in preparation for some badass 24"s on there... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Are you sure it was lifted? I know that on some cars, if you go bigger on the rims and keep the overall diameter the same by reducing the sidewall height, it will look lifted of jacked up because the gap between the tire and the fender is bigger than the sidewall of the tire itself, thus it will looked lifted or jacked up when it really isn't.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts