DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
i would've put my forged pistons, turbo, intercooler and an other 10,000-15,000$ in the engine of my delsol and do a 11's car with it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
If I didn't buy the Intrepid, other cars I like are the 300M, VW Jetta, Lexus ES 300 (yeah I know it's just a more stylish Camry... which is why I like it), the 2003 Accord, and probably a few more I can't think of right now.

The new Altima is pretty good looking too.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Realistically, a Mustang GT coupe or maybe an RX-8 (yeah, I know it's not out yet). Less realistically, a BMW 330Ci (damn student loans). And completely unrealistically, an M3 would be awesome.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I received my Intrepid for free, to be honest I hated the car, but it grew on me (the car was a 18th bday present)

I will be getting a 2004 Golf TDI soon, i certainly hope :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I probably be driving around in anything else that can contain me. I'm a tall guy, I need a vechicle with lots of room. I would love a stratus but hell, no one would be able to sit in the backseat cause my seat would be back the whole way.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
A 1997 TALON ... I actually plan on buying one real soon. It is going to be my summer car and the trep for the winter.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
:devil:
I almost kept my old POS taurus instead of buying my prelude (which i sold for double what i paid to buy the trep) and i was gonna buy my step father's ranger and trick it out and drive the taurus. I'd probably buy an SUV right now though, maybe a trailblazer, probably a lexus RX300 or an aviator.
:devil:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
On a budget: Neon SRT-4

Spend a little: Subaru WRX sti or Acura TSX or Lexus IS300

Spend a LOT (and not care bout insurance): Mustang Cobra :D

·
Registered
586 Posts
My intrepid was free. If it wasnt for that i would probaly have looked for either an awd turbo talon or eclipse, two of my friends have those i love them. In my dreams there are a lot of cars i would have taken, m3, 300z, and then all those $$$ cars that will never happen. If the choice was now i'd get the wrx sti, lancer evo, something with a nice turbo in it and something that can be modified up.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i would buy a jet black 99 crown victoria lx interceptor. i'd stick on some 17x 9 rims and small 40 shot sniper system. tint the windows and stick some 3" pipes on the purring 4.6L v8

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Night, add better flowing heads, FULL true dual exhaust, and a hell of a big supercharger setup, and i'm sold on that idea, too. :) Maurader style. :)

Heh, but with the gas tank likely to want to explode in a rear end collision and burn me a live, I'll pass on them.

I'd like a twin turbo stealth, or 3000gt. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
now i am buying a dakota and putting a 360 w/a 727 and 8 3/4 rear in it. want to make me a 12 second street strip truck the eventialy making it my 10 second tuck with a lil tunning. the bad thing is i have everything but the truck!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
It came down to these cars in order:
2002 Honda Accord coupe 5-speed (bastards wouldn't give me a grad discount unlike every other car company that offers $1000 off otherwise right now I think I would be driving a fairly base model Honda)
2002 Dodge Dakota club cab V8.....not sure if I wanted the R/T due to the lack of a 5-speed :(
2002 Sebring coupe LXI, I really wanted a Stratus R/T coupe but they didn't and still don't sell them in Canada nor did they sell Mitsubishi's here.

·
Registered
962 Posts
In retrospect, the $6500 I spent on the Trep would have made a hell of an improvement to the 82 Caprice I could be running 12's or have a slammin system.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Seems obvious most of you guys have "outgrown" your Intrepids. I say that because most of you picked completely different vehicles to replace your Intrepid.
Intrepid to sports car or truck.
I have a couple "toy" cars and our LHS is our family hauler. Sometimes I entertain the idea of a minivan, 4 door pick up or SUV to replace the LHS but for the most part it will be another full size fwd car.
So answer is Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, Cadillac STS, Taurus SEL.

My old muscle will always be MOPAR!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
When I ended up with the first trep (a leased 1998 base model) I was actually shopping for a Mercury Grand Marquis or Ford Crown Victoria. The idea was that I wanter a 'rolling living room'.

My wife refused to have a 'boat' in the driveway so we kept looking at the auto mall. We came across the newly remodeled trep and she liked it. Since I had already been in two friends' first-gen treps, I knew that they were great cars and went for it. The rest is history....

So instead answering with what I would like to be driving instead of my trep, my answer is that if I didn't end up with my first trep, I probably would be driving a Grand Marquis or a Crown Victoria...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts