DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you here in IL may or may not know about the new tint law that has been on the books since October 30th, 2009.

If you don't know, there was a bill (House Bill 3325) that was introduced originally pertaining to school bus markings. That bill was gutted and was then written to pertain to window tint in IL. This bill was to allow us to finally tint our front windows legally when certain conditions were met with the rear windows. This bill became law on October 30th 2009 like I stated earlier. We are now allowed 35% Front/35% Rear or 50% Front/30% Rear in Illinois. As before, one can tint the rear windows as dark as desired but if that tint is below 30%, any front tint is disallowed.

On April 23rd, 2009 while HB3325 was still in it's infancy, I created a Facebook page pertaining to the bill where I sought to garner support for and to educated about the bill. Some of you here in IL may already be fans of , er liked the page. For that I thank you, but for those of you that still think that the old law was in effect, this is your wake-up call!

http://www.facebook.com/ILHB3325 is the link to get to the page, and our current focus is to continue to educate about the new law and to fight Chicago's continued insistence on enforcing a local ordinance that bans front tint on ALL VEHICLES that enter Chicago. Yes, you read that right... They write citations for vehicles registered OUTSIDE OF CHICAGO that have front tint that is legal in the jurisdiction that the vehicle is registered in.

So, those of you in IL that want to help us fight Chicago, I invite you to "like" the page that I posted a link to above, provided that you are on Facebook.

Thanks!
-Todd

http://www.facebook.com/ILHB3325

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are some messed up law's. Ontario has a 35% front and w/e you want for the rear.
Well, considering the fact that front tint was illegal in IL under all circumstances except for certain illnesses with the old law, the fact that we can tint to what we can tint to now is a godsend!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I've got 20% all around on my car, even with the 35% up front law's I've never been bothered up here. I could only imagine with the 0 tint law you'd get bent over for being caught with even 35%.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly why they changed the law, it now gives people legal options, but at the same time it is making the so called "limo tint" less enticing. If someone can tint to 35% all around without getting hassled, most people will tint to that.

Like I said before though, our largest problem right now is Chicago. If you were to drive your car down here with legal tint under your laws, you'd likely get a citation anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts