DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joekd this is pure bullshit man. I responded to a post last night about a guy who did not recieve his intake yet and for some odd reason can't seem to contact you like the hundred's of other who are having the same problem. And guess what? The post was magically deleted. lol. I wonder why? Could it be you don't want people to see the truth. I for one am tired and have been waiting on my intake since december and you seem to have a new exuse everyone time we talk...7 months, there is NO exuse in the world why i should not have my intake after 7 months of waiting. You can keep the money and the intake for all i'm concerned, not like i'm going to ever see it anyway. once again http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69462&highlight=joekd here's the link to my last post that was immediatley locked and that was 2 months ago, guess what..still no intake. Iv'e sent you 2 pm's over the last 3 weeks and not even a response. This is no way to conduct bussiness. Guess I'll charge this one to the stupidty of myself trusting a guy who was said to be such a standup guy and just really busy with no time to respond to people's concerns about there money or product. Pfff..what was i thinkin?. thats what i ask myself when i realize if i only had bought the K&N system i would of recieved and installed it the same week i bought it in DECEMBER! its been a long a stressful 7 months when you come home everynight and run to your computer hoping that maybe, just maybe there might be a response or a tracking number, and every night for 7 months i have been let down. And if you have time to jump on the forums to delete and lock posts's why isn't there enough time to check your pm's and email and respond to the poeple who trusted you and gave you their money?

Well i'm done venting for now, Good luck to the guy who's post got deleted today in this same situation, and good luck to the many others who are on the same boat.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Maybe your posts keep getting deleted because it has been covered numerous times that the forums are not the place to complain about other members. I'm sorry if you can't contact Joe through PMs but bringing everyone else into your private matter isn't the right thing to do.

That said, In B4 the Bin!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Slow Pimpin said:
Joekd this is pure bullshit man. I responded to a post last night about a guy who did not recieve his intake yet and for some odd reason can't seem to contact you like the hundred's of other who are having the same problem. And guess what? The post was magically deleted. lol. I wonder why? Could it be you don't want people to see the truth. I for one am tired and have been waiting on my intake since december and you seem to have a new exuse everyone time we talk...7 months, there is NO exuse in the world why i should not have my intake after 7 months of waiting. You can keep the money and the intake for all i'm concerned, not like i'm going to ever see it anyway. once again http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69462&highlight=joekd here's the link to my last post that was immediatley locked and that was 2 months ago, guess what..still no intake. Iv'e sent you 2 pm's over the last 3 weeks and not even a response. This is no way to conduct bussiness. Guess I'll charge this one to the stupidty of myself trusting a guy who was said to be such a standup guy and just really busy with no time to respond to people's concerns about there money or product. Pfff..what was i thinkin?. thats what i ask myself when i realize if i only had bought the K&N system i would of recieved and installed it the same week i bought it in DECEMBER! its been a long a stressful 7 months when you come home everynight and run to your computer hoping that maybe, just maybe there might be a response or a tracking number, and every night for 7 months i have been let down. And if you have time to jump on the forums to delete and lock posts's why isn't there enough time to check your pm's and email and respond to the poeple who trusted you and gave you their money?

Well i'm done venting for now, Good luck to the guy who's post got deleted today in this same situation, and good luck to the many others who are on the same boat.
i agree mopar, but i still feel for SP. i think somethings like this need to be brought to others attention, so they don't lose money also. i do believe this is another transaction joekd has been involved in where "item was shipped" but nothing ever arrived....

BUT...SP, did you follow thru with paypal as was suggested before? they will be the ones to deal with disputed transactions. explain to them and go from there. good luck, before this gets binned...............................

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mlkmgr said:
i agree mopar, but i still feel for SP. i think somethings like this need to be brought to others attention, so they don't lose money also. i do believe this is another transaction joekd has been involved in where "item was shipped" but nothing ever arrived....

BUT...SP, did you follow thru with paypal as was suggested before? they will be the ones to deal with disputed transactions. explain to them and go from there. good luck, before this gets binned...............................
Thank you for your concern, Yes the last pm i got was about a month ago where he stated that the item was shipped but it got lost. And i have heard nothing since then. As far as the paypal goes, I have tried but they say that after 90 days there is nothing they can do, I will however try once again and this time push a little harder maybe fax them copies of all the pm's from joe and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
You guys say not to bring this stuff to the forums, take it to PM...etc etc...

What do you do if you can't get ahold of who you are trying to talk to thru PM??

I've never had any dealings with Joe personally, but from what I hear he's a good guy but he should make this right. Slow Pimpin, I hear ya man!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
That's bullshit. 7 months later and still no intake, I wouldn't of waited more than a few weeks before filing a complaint with PayPal. Seems like people think they can take advantage of others and take their money just because it's the internet and not a face to face transaction. Pure bullshit.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Anytime i've had a person not send an item through a paypal transaction or send me the wrong item the dispute is usually solved pretty quickly. My last one involved someone sending me the wrong speakers i bid on through ebay and they were the wrong size and model, so paypal almost instantly gave me my money back, and had me send the speakers back.

Then again... I once bought a BB gun from someone through paypal, and it took nearly 6 months or so for me to finally get my refund. I had forgotten about it, and then got the check in the mail, since i didn't have the account anymore.

I am glad you are telling us about this. One of my intake choices would have been JoeKD's intakes but after hearing this.... probly not. A safe choice would be a K&N FIPK... you can even get them through crutchfield!

Josiah

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I can tell you that Joe is a very good guy........I just got an intake from him a couple of weeks ago and everything was good. I'm sorry about that situation and hopefully Joe will fix this A.S.A.P. because he is the best one to get the Cold Air Intake from. There might be something going on for sure. I mean I did wait longer then expected too, but it was for a good reason (that I'll keep for myself) I didn't wait 7 months though, just so anyone knows. Anyways.... Let us know what happens.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Joe has ALWAYS been top-notch on here. I'm sure there's more to the story that we're not hearing. I HIGHLY doubt Joe would scam anyone here. Hope this gets resolved soon!

BTW...if anyone wants an intake, and likes Joe's design, they're not that hard to build. I built mine based on Joe's parts list that he gave me a couple years ago. He does this on the side, and hardly makes anything ($$-wise) on them. And, IMO, they look a lot better than the K&N version. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Ok, here is the full story for all to see

I shipped two intake packages via Fedex the same day (yours and also one for Aaron Miller), both were hand delivered by myself to the Fedex center. Neither one has ever been seen again.

Your tracking number is 8554 0900 3543, his was 8554 0900 3554. I am at Fedex quite often now since my work hours do not allow me to get to UPS anymore so the good news is that they are used to seeing my packages with the large "j-intakes" stickers on them and the counter guy vouches to accepting them.

I filed a claim with Fedex which has been escalated/transferred to 3 different departments so far. They refuse to refund me for the insured amount until they can prove it lost or misdelivered which is what I have been waiting for. I have been speaking to them at least once a week trying to get this resolved and unfortunatly it seems impossible to get an answer from them. I have a friend who works at that location who let me know that this is not an incident with myself only but also promised to keep an eye out for any boxes with my logo.

The other thread was deleted because as Tookie (the thread starter) can admit it has been resolved with my shipping product to him. Yes, there was a delay on his order as well but the intake is in his hands tomorrow AM.

Again my apologies for the delays but I wanted all to know they weren't because I am
gary680 said:
haha, he's probably eatin donuts and cake with your money
You will see a few posts deleted in this thread, that is because they were "in b4 the bin" posts which the site has made very clear are no longer allowed and are always deleted when found

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think putting your sticker on it might be why they are missing, people knew what to steal. If the counter guy vouches for accepting them they should have put them in the computer for tracking, even if they were lost/stolen/misdelivered those tracking numbers should have the accepting location, where you dropped them off, associated with them. Unless they deleted all traces of those numbers but that shouldn't have happened at all...unless they are trying to cover it up in which case it still wouldn't happen until you reported them missing or inquired about them way back when.

Of course if the counter guy is in on it and never entered them into the system, or if the counter guy just collects packages for a driver to pick them up later then the driver never entered the tracking numbers into the system. If the packages were never entered in the system you would not have been charged, fedex account or credit card, however you paid.

This was all many months ago so the data may have been over written/purged but you or one of those two people who you sent the packages to could have saved a screenshot of the data from way back then from the tracking numbers you sent them.

I do that on every order I get UPS/Fedex so when they try and tell me it wasn't supposed to be delivered Yesterday etc I can say yeah it was I have the tracking data showing you had it yesterday but never tried to deliver it or left it at the station. They don't do that to me anymore, only happened a couple of times but your better off keeping records, plus it helps with companies saying they shipped this out 4/3/06 but ups/fedex didn't get it until 3 days later.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Well I'm glad this is all cleared up. I knew you weren't the type of guy to run a scam Joe. Hopefully FedEx sorts things out soon so you get your money back and everyone gets their intakes. I have had alot of problems with FedEx in the past and I try not to use them unless it is absolutely necessary. This is why I said this stuff should stay in the PMs. There was a perfectly good explanation for why the package never arrived and now Joe has to explain himself to everyone.

BTW, I had no idea "in b4 the bin" posts were no longer allowed. Good to know!

·
Registered
204 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Well I'm glad this is all cleared up. I knew you weren't the type of guy to run a scam Joe. Hopefully FedEx sorts things out soon so you get your money back and everyone gets their intakes. I have had alot of problems with FedEx in the past and I try not to use them unless it is absolutely necessary. This is why I said this stuff should stay in the PMs. There was a perfectly good explanation for why the package never arrived and now Joe has to explain himself to everyone.

BTW, I had no idea "in b4 the bin" posts were no longer allowed. Good to know!
The only reason the "perfectly good explanation" was brought up was because of this thread. This guy deserved an explanation and he obviously wasn't getting it before this thread. What is the big deal about bringing this stuff to the boards anyway? If people dont want to be involved, then stop reading and replying to these threads. I find these interesting sometimes and they help when used as a last resort.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
berggyb said:
The only reason the "perfectly good explanation" was brought up was because of this thread. This guy deserved an explanation and he obviously wasn't getting it before this thread. What is the big deal about bringing this stuff to the boards anyway? If people dont want to be involved, then stop reading and replying to these threads. I find these interesting sometimes and they help when used as a last resort.
Because it is against forum rules and because Joe already responded in another thread. I'm sorry but I have a problem when a member with 3 posts whos been here for 2 months starts a thread that openly attacks the character of a member with 12,000 posts, an administrator, and a guy who has sold piles of intakes, which he makes very little off of, to other members who have had nothing but good things to say about his business ethics. Joe has always kept his business seperate from this site and this is the reason for it. Maybe some new members haven't been here long enough to realize what Joe has done for this site and the only impression they'll have of him is that he is a crook. I can totally understand the frustration of not getting the item, but there are avenues to resolve business disputes and the board here is not one of them. Besides, why would he risk his reputation over a measly $100 or so, I mean come on!

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Because it is against forum rules and because Joe already responded in another thread. I'm sorry but I have a problem when a member with 3 posts whos been here for 2 months starts a thread that openly attacks the character of a member with 12,000 posts, an administrator, and a guy who has sold piles of intakes, which he makes very little off of, to other members who have had nothing but good things to say about his business ethics. Joe has always kept his business seperate from this site and this is the reason for it. Maybe some new members haven't been here long enough to realize what Joe has done for this site and the only impression they'll have of him is that he is a crook. I can totally understand the frustration of not getting the item, but there are avenues to resolve business disputes and the board here is not one of them. Besides, why would he risk his reputation over a measly $100 or so, I mean come on!
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that reasoning.

This board is what brought Joe the business. If the sales of the intakes didn't directly result from this website, then I'd give more consideration to your thinking. But his intake business is a direct result of this website, therefore this website is an appropriate place to air concerns/complaints (e.g. eBay feedback) especially when other avenues have not worked (I didn't see JoeKD dispute that).

It has been 7 months since he paid his money. This guy, whoever he is, has been MORE then accommodating in the amount of time he has waited. If he was posting complaints after a couple weeks, I would totally agree that he should STFU. But it has been 7 months.

I don't care if a person makes money or not, that's no excuse to not deliver. It takes TWO people to make a business deal. This new person didn't twist Joe's arm to sell him anything (not that we know of at least). And sometimes the price of business is to eat the cost of shipping errors. Why should the buyer have to sit and wait for this to get resolved by fedex? As soon as the shipment was lost, either a new intake should have been made or money should have been refunded. There's no way in hell that I could tell my customers that they are just going to have to wait (7 months and counting) to see what fedex decides. That doesn't fly.

I have nothing against Joe. I've responded this same way in the past about other members who don't deliver goods that they sell. But business is business. If you're gonna sell something, you gotta deliver.

There are many goods and services that I could sell to people on here, and I'm sure people would appreciate it. But I don't because I'm too damn busy to deliver and I frankly don't want to have to deal with all the crap that comes with having to ship things and dealing with strangers concerning money.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts