DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught at a red with a Dodge Nitro. I'm in the LHS. The wife notices the asshole in the Nitro flicking his cigarette ashes out the window. It's not a butt or a heater, just ashes blowing over our freshly washed car. It didn't upset me or anything but when the light turned green I was outta there. I gave it just enough throttle to not kill the tires but acclerate out of the situation.

It's just into the freezing temps here and I'm on all season GoodYear Comfortreds. Nice comfortable tire but they seem to suck ass in the cold.

My tires are just slightly spinning. The Nitro comes off the light just as hard. My punk ass instincts kick in and I roll the throttle to the floor. The RPMs climb. Tires spin more and the Nitro is showing his clear traction advantage.

The LHS is now going fast enough that I know if I release to stop the spinning it will switch to 2nd gear and it's definate game over for me. So I leave it down hoping for some bite.
Nope and I'm punished with an upshift to 2nd and the Nitro is still pulling away.

BTW, the wife was screaming at me the whole time and it wasn't even an RT. Owned by a 3.7L awd.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
yea i have tracion issues all the time in my new yorker since i dont have traction control
and im missing the one of the springs on my TB's so the throttle is super easy
and bad tires lol i cant even try to go fast under 35mph

1 - 6 of 6 Posts