DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Dodge ever. And I am having some problems with it. Its a 1994 Dodge Intrepid and it doesn't like to shift out of second, I heard thats a limp mode? Anyways I replace the trans filter and fulid, with atf3, not dexron, and i replace a input sensor on the tranny and it went into overdrive once. So i shut it off, when i went to take off again it went into third then quickly threw itself back into second and now its back doing the same thing again. Can someone help me?

·
Registered
881 Posts
What about the output sensor?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
one time i had a similar problem and all i did was disconnect the battery to reset the computer. Next startup, everything was fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i did that too and it work the first time but then went back into limp

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Sparx said:
yeah i did that too and it work the first time but then went back into limp

You might be in need of a new Ultradrive. Sounds like you did everything you could do to try and save it. They are not known as the most reliable tranny.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Don't mind him........he's just an anti-Chrysler moron.........he owns a Nissan or something shitty and still trolls the DI.net boards cuz the Nissan guys kicked them off of their boards.

I bet your car is fine and just needs a new transmission output sensor or something stupid.

My car went into limp mode at 20000km..............drove like **** for a day, got it into the dealer, they replaced the input and output sensors and the car was fine again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am getting an output sensor friday hopefully that fixes it, what is the difference between atf3 and atf4?

·
Registered
505 Posts
ATF+4 has more anti foaming agents and is generally a "better" oil than the ATF+3.ATF +4 is also designed to last longer.(But it´s NOT a fill-for-life as the bottle states!)

The +3 is also OK for those trannys but +4 may sometimes help when they act up and start to shift hard.

I´d try the output sensor first as you said you put new +3 in.If that doesn´t help I´d have a look at the solenoid pack and as you have to drop the pan anyway fill it with +4.

Benny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts