DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to post pics online for awhile now, but never got around to it. SOOOOO. Here is the world wide web debut of my '96. Forgive the quality, as I took the pictures at 8:40 pm. Maybe sometime this week I'll wax and clean it and take it out on a sunny day with my photographer friend. :)

From the side you can see the 18" Baccarat Sync rims, and the 30% tint on all windows.

I'll soon be buying clear corners, but for now just normal front and rear quarter views.

Interior is getting completely redone, but is stock for now except for the kenwood head unit. For sound I have 2-3" pioneer tweeters in the dash, 2-5.25" kenwood speakers in the door, 2-6x9" pioneer speakers in back, and 2-10" MTX Road Thunder subs with a 1000 watt xplod amp in the trunk.

Kenwood head unit.

MTX subs.

This is the rear end, with the smoked tail lights and chrome exhaust tip.

Instead of just doing the whole rear black, I decided to tape off the reverse lights and Intrepid logo to let the logo stand out a bit more.

I recently had the car straight piped, so maybe the tip can fool someone now that it no longer has a stock sound. :D

This was formerly my grandmothers car, and though I want to take off the 'Pray the rosary for peace on earth" bumper sticker, I'm afraid after so many years the paint might come with it :/

Well, there it is, my 'Deathtrepid' as my friends have named it. Hope you all like it. It's not quite finished, but hopefully will be within the next few months.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
not bad, not bad at all!! welcome to the site and happy modding

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very nice ride and luv the color! :D what plans have you got for the interior?
originally i painted the stock wheels black with a red ring around it, thus starting the red and black theme. so to continue that, I'm going to do a similar thing to what this fella did, only with red.

also a friend's dad does cloth tops and stuff like that. so the headliner is going from that tannish grey to black with the dodge logo in red in the middle. also black seats with the logo in the head rest.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Well, there it is, my 'Deathtrepid' as my friends have named it. Hope you all like it. It's not quite finished, but hopefully will be within the next few months.
Is there a story behind that lol, sounds like a good username

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a story behind that lol, sounds like a good username
the e brake got stuck awhile back and the friction burnt through and melted basically everything in the back...so the brakes were pretty much useless for awhile. it was sort of a rolling death trap haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
By "got stuck" do you mean that you forgot that it was engaged? Hehe, I've done it before.
no, i guess something happened to where the cords rusted out and made it constrict or something like that. it was a total fluke, but an $1100 fluke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how does it sound straight piped? i was thinking about doing it with mine but not sure
It sounds pretty good. Like a i4 ricer, but with more muscle behind it. A nice v6 sound. Unfortunately, to give an update, this car was stolen last week. They just found it and I went and saw the remains. The outside is alright for the most part, but the inside is completely trashed. Everything was stolen and it's just basically ruined. All the ignition is trashed, the lining to the trunk and inside completely broken and ripped apart. Not sure what insurance will say, but either way, I'd almost be happier to just let her rest in piece and not start over. I put too much time money and thought into this car to start over... It may just be time for something new... It breaks my heart. It was the best first car I could have wished for.:cry:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts