DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my first car as a 2002 Intrepid SE 2.7 with 18,000 mi in Feb. of 2005. Almost perfect condition. Broken wiper arm and wavering intensity lighting, both fixed quickly under warrantee. Not w single problem after that until a 65 year old woman hit me. $6,500 worth of damage. Not a penny out of my pocket because it was 100% her fault.

With how much I liked my Intrepid, I did my research and bought my wife the brand new Caliber

I'm looking for cheap ways, as to the fact that I'm completely poor paying two car payments, to improve the aleady great looks for my white Intrepid, such as lens covers or what not. If you have some good ideas of who or where... I'd love to hear them!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the site. Have fun. Just look around here, there's lots you can do with your Trep.

MPR14CW said:
I would like to hear not only about your white Trep, but also how y'all like the Caliber. -CW
I'm also interested in your opinion of the Caliber. The local dealership had 2 on the lot today but I didn't have time to stop and look (ogle, drool, etc).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To answer all the questions... Muscle is my thing, with a little bit of chrome to flash is up, just enough to keep it shiny.I also own a '73 Firebird, but still needs lots of work to put into it!!!!! I love the '69 Charger Hemi and the '71 Challenger Hemi.

We got the Caliber SXT, 2.0L I-4 with the CVT Tranny. That CVT is very hard to get used to! It's my wife's rig, but I'm still getting used to it after a month. It's spirited in acceleration and you don't realize the accel, because you don't hear the engine accel. If you mash WOT, it will go redline (6000 RPM for the 2.0L)and stay there until you let out the throttle. It has tons of cargo room (less cubic/foot trunk than the 'Trep, but much easier to get in and out of), but if you drop the back seats it goes up to 48 C/F. You can also drop the front passenger seat and get up to 8 Ft of cargo length. These first few tanks of gas have led to about 22 mpg, and that's pure city driving. I average 19-20 mpg in my 'Trep, with a K&N Filter. My wife and I are both lead foots, too much for our own good sometimes! I have been regularly looking to see when K&N will come out with a filter for it. I'm addicted to those things now. First the Intrepid, then the Firebird, now I'm looking for one for the Caliber.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Welcome to the site......... It will only take about 5 mins of looking around this site and a little searching, to find all you need to know about your car and what you can do to it.. But no matter what engine you have theres not much you can do to it.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey whats up? Welcome to the site, have fun and take care! Again Welcome :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts