DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna say hello to everyone ! I'm new to this forum. My intrepid is a 2000 ES 3.2 v6 Black. Got it around Aug 2000. I love my car :p , it's the best ride I had so far(my last car was a 2.4 98 Stratus) I just wanna know which is the best way to launch a car off the line?

1) put into "N" step on gas till it's 4kRPM, then put back into "D" or autostick..
-or-
2) ...brake stand on 4kRPM?

:)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Welcome...good to have you here.

About your question...knowing the crappy trans they put in these cars...you might end up frying the poor thing dropping it in gear at 4K. Ask the R/T guys...they are always going to the strip. Just head over to the R/T forum and read some of the posts that have to do with 1/4 mile time or going to the strip. I remember they were talking about launching not too long ago.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Do`nt but it in "N" and drop it into drive. You will blow the tranny out of her. I brake stand my 2000 R/T to 2,800rpm and step on it My best time at the track is a 15.131 at 94 mph. Brake standing is ok just dont do it at every stop. Other wise you are going to have problems down the road to. Add Mopar anti- foaming from a Dodge dealer, it helps the tranny to shift better. good luck and welcome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow....you guys are sure the expert !! Thanks for the advice.

SPOOK R/T, you mention dropping your R/T to 2,800rpm on launch. With my 3.2, should I brake stand with higher or lower rpm? or will that just spin the tires like crazy?

:)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I am not sure on your 3.2. I would try lower to start and then work your way up. When you start to get to much wheel spin lay off of her. I drove a buddy of mines 2000 ES 3.2 and it seemed way down on power to my R/T. He drove my R/T and said it felt much stronger then his ES. He may have just got a bad 3.2. Just remmber our trannys are not the best if you hammer it all the time it won`t take the abuse and it well fail. The best thing to remmber with the auto stick do`nt do any high speed down shifting very hard on the trannys.Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts