DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I don't even know how it happened, but although I've never posted here before and am just introducing myself today, it turns out I've been registered since May of 2014... so I guess I still have that new member smell lingering lol. My guess is I came here for maintenance help and needed to register to see a pic that was off limits to guests. Anyway, I'll try and actually be a participating member now instead of just a freeloader and a stalker :D :haha: :awesome:

Anyway, about my car. It's a dark blue 2002 Dodge Intrepid 2.7l. I'm one of the lucky ones as far as the common 2.7l water pump issue goes. Mine started leaking through the weeping hole near the thermostat and that was my cue to change it out. So I'm no longer worried about the common water pump issue :woot:

Mods:
15 inch JBL subwoofer in a custom box, 1000 watt Pyramid amp, aftermarket Dual XDMA6438 radio, aftermarket door speakers, LED foglights, and more recently some (craigslist) 17" Konig Next bronze rims :D:D

TIME FOR PICS!! :Rockin:

And with the rims :)

Thanks for looking at my thread!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments on the rims guys :) To be honest they were a craigslist gamble. $360 for 4 rims "in great condition" with tires that had 70% tread (and which were conveniently the right size). I was at college and my brother was home, so I sent him with money to the place the wheels were at and had him pick them up for me. He told me there was some scratching on one of the wheels but I said get them anyway. When I got home I found the scratching to be a little more than "some" but not a deal breaker. Still, they were far from "great condition". I'm glad I had him do it but don't recommend gambling like I did lol

·
Vendor
184 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us and showing your ride - it looks amazing! You did a great job on it. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Enjoy your time here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome. I'll be honest, even I don't think those rims look bad at all on the car. That's not something I usually say about ANY aftermarket wheels. These actually look good with the car.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! I think it might be the pinstripe on my car that kind of pulls the color combo together, not sure. Regardless, I'm glad you approve :thanks:

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us and showing your ride - it looks amazing! You did a great job on it. This forum really is a ton of help. With a little bit of research you can find an answer to all your questions. Enjoy your time here!
Thanks! It's my baby, and my first car actually, so I take pride in the car :sohappy::biglaugh: I think I finally have all the kinks worked out of it for the time being but more problems always show up so when that time comes I'll definitely be searching the forums for info :wink: I just hope that time isn't for another 3k miles at least lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the site! Nice blue Trep!
Thanks! :D :biggrin:

Just an idea, installing a lowering spring and low profile tires will surely make it more sexy.
:iwish:
I like the way you think. However, I'd like to keep the same size tires so my speedometer doesn't read wrong, because that would bug me to no end. And as much as I'd like to lower this thing, it would be impractical where I live because I've already bottomed the car out on bumps probably at least 6 times (the plastic splash guards scrape). So going lower would just result in that happening more often. If I could find some rubber splash guards I might consider it, but as long as I have the plastic ones I don't think I should.

But I do agree, that would look very sexy :love:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts