DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am a new owner of a 1997 Chrysler Intrepid, I just bought it about a week ago for a really good price. I live in Montreal! woo! :turn:
Anyway, right now there's nothing fancy on it but I plan on putting a bit of money into it. This is my first Intrepid, I had a grand am before and it just died on me after 3 years *tear*, but this car is really starting to grow on me. I named her Bertha! lol. I will post some pics up soon.
I plan on painting her midnight blue. I also want to tint the windows. Does anyone know anything about the tinting film you can apply on the windows yourself? I bought some so I am going to put it on my windows myself. Any advice??
Right now she just has hub caps on, but I am going to get some nice rims soon.
Any advice or tips would be great! First I want to do the least expensive things I can do, so if anyone knows of any inexpensive cool things I can do to my intrepid first I would love to know!
I am also getting a stereo installed soon.
Thanks!
Mindy :fun_06:

·
Registered
839 Posts
welcome

1st piece of advice: return your tint to get a refund or take it to a tint person or shop and have them do it for you

cool cheap things:
dodge charger, magnum, 300c, and challanger wheels all fit on intrepids, check your local craigslist you can usually get a set for pretty cheap and people are always selling them because they got DUBS on there chargers n what not

tinting your tailights is also a cheap cool thing (not with window tinting though)

painting your brake calipers is also pretty sweet

if you want a pretty engine bay, cleaning up your engine and painting your air plenum is a couple bucks and a hour worth of work and looks nice! also, installing a cold air intake will run you around 80 bucks and adds a nice sound!

WELCOME!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
What engine do you have, i'm guessing the 3.5L? There is an "air restriction" in the intake tube, pull the tube off and push the restriction out it's hard at first but it's worth it.

Many little things, if you have fog lights you can take out the "restrictor" for them aswell. Many different things you can do to change the appearance!

You should make a sig page and post some pictures.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 3.3L :)
Thanks for the advice I will have to check some of those things out for sure!
I will get some pictures on here soon, maybe later today if I can.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,480 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!! LEATHER!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Minjady,

Welcome to the club.

I have a 1997 Intrepid in like new condition, you can have a look at my tints: http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/t117965/

I am also from Montreal and got my tints done at GLebau, and I suggest you do the same unless you have a talent for this model, as the installer did a great job but told me nobody wants to do Intrepids because of the large and big back window, it's really hard to do.

That's my advice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Minjady,

Welcome to the club.

I have a 1997 Intrepid in like new condition, you can have a look at my tints: http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/t117965/

I am also from Montreal and got my tints done at GLebau, and I suggest you do the same unless you have a talent for this model, as the installer did a great job but told me nobody wants to do Intrepids because of the large and big back window, it's really hard to do.

That's my advice.
How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?? :)
thanks for the advice!
what part of mtl you from?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

I'm from NDG.

It cost me around $280-290 tax in, and that's because I had to pay extra for darker tints in the front (all around the back is Limo tint). But ball park price is $230 + tax if I remember correctly.

The Company who do this for GLebeau is an outside company (contractor), but I don't remember their site, but I think it's this one : Vitres Teintées - Tint Wizard

Anyways, the guy did a great job and I believe the guarantee was 1 year, never needed it cause no bubbles.

The guy who did the job is the owner of that Company, he is quite an artist.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,

I'm from NDG.

It cost me around $280-290 tax in, and that's because I had to pay extra for darker tints in the front (all around the back is Limo tint). But ball park price is $230 + tax if I remember correctly.

The Company who do this for GLebeau is an outside company (contractor), but I don't remember their site, but I think it's this one : Vitres Teintées - Tint Wizard

Anyways, the guy did a great job and I believe the guarantee was 1 year, never needed it cause no bubbles.

The guy who did the job is the owner of that Company, he is quite an artist.

Hey I'm from NDG too! lol
That's not a bad price. :)
My car has a bit more mileage than yours but that just means it's worn in ya know lol :p
It has 200 and some thousand km.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts