Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Porsche 914 gauges

White leather interior

275 tires in the back...whoot

clarion cd player..and custom 4" kick panels..i made..*Fiberglass*

WELD RACING WHEELS

1600CC 60hp powerplant....modifictions coming soon!!!

custom 6x9's in the back

Got some body work done

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Transparent yellow distributor cap

BEFORE

AFTER

GAS SHOCKS

ELectronic ignition, high performance ignition coil, yellow spark plug wires

j tubes...eleminates heat...MORE HP!!!!!!!!!!

EBAY SCORE

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
makes me miss my 71 super.. I'm pullin her outta mothballs this spring and gonna go nuts with it..

why all the custom work and a stocker engine thou?

oh btw, those tranlucent caps look nice, but suck ass, i used to carry one for shows only..

thou at night it was fun to watch the spark and it made diagnosing a miss easy

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not completley stock..it has a 34 solex carb and a high performance fuel pump..for when it used to race...i plan to build it to a 1776cc...i dont think ill go any bigger...im only 19...and still learning

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sweet Bug, Cobie!! In another thread, you mentioned bringing it to Forest City next year. I hope you do...I'd like to see it. Of course, How you gonna get the Bug and the Corde both to F.C.?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill get a hidden hitch

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
I had j-pipes on my last motor, one fell off and i ran it over.. which sucked..

i have a dual single carb setup, rear pop-out windows and one peice front glass in my shed still..

·
Registered
503 Posts
1776cc. 90.5mm cyl/pistons I believe. swapping jugs is pretty easy. you have to split the case to swap the crank and change the cam which is not a lot more work if the motor is out anyway. increased cubes is nice but you never know what cam is in the motor now. and you also do not know much about the heads. i would hope you have dual port heads. but you never know. might be vintage single port low hp parts. you should check to see if there are any VW performance shops in the area. pretty hard to find now. not a lot of old bugs left. you could swap on a set of mildly ported heads that would really wake up the bug.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im learning more and more everyday about it...i have about 4 books and 9 million magazines...tryin to learn as much about this car as i know about the corde...

im having fun though...car runs like a champ..not going to do a rebuild untill i have too

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no thanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just won this on ebay for $41...i think its great!!!!

FYI..its a rear engine hood

1 - 13 of 13 Posts