DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell if an impact sensor is good before putting it on? Its on a 94 chrysler concorde that I'm putting back together after an impact where the airbags deployed. The front impact sensors measure 9.90 and 9.92 ohms.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually those are the resistances of the old impact sensors. I went ahead and put them back in and the airbag light goes out, so I'm assuming the system is good?

Thanks.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
System should be happy.

If you're curious about re-use, whack them real hard with a sledge hammer while plugged in. If all your hard work is un-done, they yes, they are still good. Oh, wait, never mind.

Actually, on a serious note, it would be interesting to take them and install on a parts car to see how they react in the same test...

·
Registered
738 Posts
A sledge hammer might not be enough to trip the sensors, so try slamming into the front or rear bumper of a 1969 Chrysler Newport, that should do the job nicely. Oh, and don't worry, you won't hurt the Newport.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to resurrect a dead post but I was answering a more recent similar question and this one came to the top of Google so I figured I'd answer it too in case somebody else ends up here. I tested 6 impact sensors from 1st gen Intrepids with a multimeter and also against the car system test and found my 5 good ones measure ~10kΩ while my particular bad one read in the MΩ range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts