DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My room mate has been looking for a car since his firebird died and we found a steal of a deal on a '97 trep in canada but I have never even looked into buying a car out of country like that so I was curious what we would have to do to get it here and titled. The car runs and drives so transport is not a problem but getting it here for him to use is the problem. Have any of you guys looked into this or perhaps maybe done it before? I'm going to call the DMV later and see what they have to say about it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I would think it's pretty painless importing to MI. Maybe a little red-tape, hopefully not a pile of 'this fee & that fee'. A lot more trouble if you're in Cali.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I've imported a few older musclecars from Texas to Ontario and recently my 95 Thunderbird.

If there are any saftey differences you will need to address that. Ex . I had to install Daytime running lights on my Thunderbird. The older stuff did not have anything that needed to be changed.

You will need to declare your purchase at the border. Pay tax. It would be best to call the border and ask specifically what is required to import a car from Canada.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll do some checking around, I'd rather find something local, but this deal is hard to ignore.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys, we are making some calls to see what we can do. I'll let you know how it pans out.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
If it doesn't pan out......wanna let me in on the deal. I think I'm looking for a 1g?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We decided it was going to be too much of a pain to get it here before the guy's deadline so we passed and its already been sold to the next guy in line, Sorry Avenger. Luckily, my friend is still very much interested in getting an Intrepid so we found a couple locally that we looked at and at least one is a steal for the price. If he does buy one then I'm sure he'll be floating around the board soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts