DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity...if I were able to pickup the in-dash cd changer, would it be easy to add to my current system?

I only ask because it wasn't an option until 2000 I believe???

I have the AM/FM/CD/Tape head unit with Infinity system.

I do not believe my headunit has any changer controls built in.

Also, if this is possible, how hard would it be to mount it?

This is probably a question for Ottowrkr or Intrepidatious (with that book he has).

Thanks in advance for your help :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Theres a round plug, kind like a big S-video connection on the back of the radio, if you have that then you have CD-Changer controls.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
my unit has controls for the changer where the station presets would be. instead of ripping yers out, goto a junkyard and see if they have the same radio, I was at a local junkyard (when i got my otis) and they had the same exact radio as mine and thats when i noticed the DIn plug.

the changer mounts in the open slot underneath, i would imagine it comes with the hardware to do it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Radio/Changer

I got a TV in my 2000 Es and I had the cd changer and radio/tape deck removed. If ya want it i would be glad to get rid of it. After i bought the car i upgraded the stereo, it still has the plastic film sheild on the front. The changer and radio list at $600 ask your dealer, I'll sell it to you for $250 for both, you can use the changer with your radio only if it has the button that says tape/cd/cd-c (cd-c stands for cd changer). And your station preset #1 will have "Disk up" and #5 will have "Disk Down". I'll give you the changer alone for $150.

If thats not reasonable make me an offer.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Radio/Changer

2000 Black Intrepid ES said:
I got a TV in my 2000 Es and I had the cd changer and radio/tape deck removed. If ya want it i would be glad to get rid of it. After i bought the car i upgraded the stereo, it still has the plastic film sheild on the front. The changer and radio list at $600 ask your dealer, I'll sell it to you for $250 for both, you can use the changer with your radio only if it has the button that says tape/cd/cd-c (cd-c stands for cd changer). And your station preset #1 will have "Disk up" and #5 will have "Disk Down". I'll give you the changer alone for $150.

If thats not reasonable make me an offer.
Hey 2000, I'm definately interested!!! Where you at in Chicago? I live in Bensenville. Maybe we can meet up somewhere....I would definately like you check out your trep in person :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
CD Changer

hey Intrepid99 I live near the Harlem/Irving plaza, Bensenville is only a couple of miles from here. If you want we could meet up and I could show you these gears in action and you could take a look at this cd changer. Let me know when a good time is for you, If free on sunday.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Alright cool how about next sunday around 1PM, In the best buy parking lot?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just pull the trim off of the center console, there should be 2 screws that hold it to the front. This is the same way that the changer bolts in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would assume that it would fit easily even though it may not have been available for your car at that time. I'm sure they made the changer to fit into the car, not changed the car to fit the changer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ady DIN size changer, radio, tv or EQ will fit but it will either need to be set back behind the opening or the opening will need to be enlarged. Most sound shops will do it for you. I seen a 300M with a DVD player in that opening and all they did was open up the top corners of the slot.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah Sunday 1pm,
damn best buy has 3 levels of parking!
just to narrow it down a bit, how about on the third level, there is usually parking avail. there?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts