DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Our thoughts are with those affected by the horrific events of September 11th. While this tragedy will be permanently ingrained in our minds, it is important to do our best to regain control of our lives.

It is with a heavy heart that we do our best to move ahead, while remembering those lost in Tuesday's unbelievable events.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Sorry for not really participating in the forums the past couple days (besides the WTC posts) I just can't seem to get my eyes and ears (as well as my heart and mind) off the subject on the TV.

I hope everyone, religious or not, says a prayer for the victims as well as the rescue teams. It is about to rain out here in NY, and hopefully it wuill not hamper the rescue and recovery efforts.

I ask that if you can, attach an American Flag to your car's antenna. I know flags are in short supply at this moment, but if you can find one, display it with pride. I luckily had some handheld size flags left over from the last parade we were in and have attached one to my antenna. If you still have your full size flags lying around, raise it in front of your house.

America can get through this, no other country have the patriotism that we do. Show your support and display those stars and stripes!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been out of range for the last week and my flight today is delayed so I thought that I would check on my friends here. I was/am worried about out DI.net-ters that live and work in NY (not to forget all who are lost). I never thought too much when I have seen the American flag, when I got to the DI.net homepage it brought a tier to my eye (thank you for putting that in the front page)
For all of those here who have lost we will all pray for you!!!!!! :(

"MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOUL, BECAUSE WE WON'T" Sen. McCain

·
Registered
89 Posts
My prayer's go out to the victims families.

GOD BLESS AMERICA....
Justice will be served..... :(

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
At work today at 3:00pm the CEO has called for everyone to turn everything off, ignore phones etc and have 2 minutes silence...

Stopping business is a big thing here, pretty impressed with the CEO`s decision.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
maybe it's my ignorance of the christian faith but why do people insist on saying "may god have mercy on their souls?" why should god have any mercy on them for what they did? personally i would hope that god would send them to hell for eternity.

that's my take.

we had a moment of silence in each of my classes on wednesday. our lame-duck president refused to cancel classes on tuesday, unlike a lot of other universities, and a lot of the vocal students are in an uproar. personally i just watched the TV and skipped, i later learned that my particular classes had been canceled anyway.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
This candle vigil is unbelieveable. Unfortunately I did not get home today till 8:15. I saw tons of people outside with candles. If they weren't outside, there were at least candles lit on their doorsteps.

There was one fire department house that had a whole bunch of people in front with candles.

One thing that really got me... I was driving past the intersection of Francis Lewis Blvd. and Northern Blvd. For you people outside of NYC.... those are two of the three largest roads in Queens county. In the middle of the intersection... there were a group of about 20 people with candles waving american flags. Almost any car that passed them, gave them a "honk" for support. During a red light it really got out of hand with the honking. It sounded like gridlock in Manhattan it was so loud. But anyways loud or not, it just shows how this country is really coming together.

This is definitely a week we will all never forget. We will tell this story to our kids... and for some of us... maybe even our grandkids.

God Bless America!

DjPiLL

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
At school tonight, the entire student body went outside at 7PM and lit candles and held hands during a moment of silence. It was quite touching....

We are right across the street from Roosevelt Field Mall, and during our moment of silence we heard a crowd of people in the parking lot of the mall singing "The Star Spangled Banner". I never have felt such patriotism from the people of this country like I did today. My eyes welled up as we stood there....

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
On thur our plant held a 5 min moment of silence on both shifts . My thoughts and prayers go out to all victims families and all Americans. GOD BLESS AMERICA ,from your Canadian brothers.

·
Registered
164 Posts
my prayers are with all who are effected by this horror.

Something I whipped up with tears in my eyes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
As a 18 yr military man, I would like extend our thoughts to the many men/women in uniform who will be going into harms way. We are trained, we are ready, and we will be leaving our famlies behind to defend our freedom. A stark reminder that freedom is not free.

God Bless America

·
Registered
207 Posts
im still in a state of shock from the events of that incomprehensible day. i come home daily read the paper, and watch the news (something i NEVER did before) to hear of any hopeful developments, and to learn what each news stations take is on the tragic events that took place.
im stumped for words. :(
my prayers & thoughts go out to all the families and friends of those lost as well as to any person of your beautiful country.
as ottowrkr said "GOD BLESS AMERICA",
from another Canadian brother.

·
Registered
0 Posts
A few Tuesdays ago, everybodies lives changed whether they want to admit it or not. I was in a truck all day so i had to listen to the events as they unfolded, not really knowing what was going on or what to expect next. I came home and turned on the T.V. and saw the second plane fly into the building and I was sick and upset at the same time thinking "HOW COULD ANYONE DO THIS?" and then it hit me that the people that did this had no care for human life, only that they did what they thought GOD wanted them to do. Well, I'm sure these people that did this are being tortured in the depths of hell for all eternity. And for the 3 guys on flight 93 who took on the hijackers, You will never be forgotten.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts