DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I get a call from my brother...the only person on this earth who is allowed to drive my car aside from Jesus and myself...someone just rear ended me and drove off...this is what he says to me...I go and see my baby...one tail destroyed...rear bumper...****ed...small metal damage...about the size of a silver dollar on the edge where the trunk and quarter panel meet...****...my ****ing...car...whats behind that rear bumper? Should i be concerned? I have full coverage...but heres the thing...I was gonna be getting my car painted anyway...so now i really have a reason...but i want my car painted black...i wonder how i can get that **** to go down...lol...any suggestions...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I backed into a cement pole at a gas station last year and had to get some damage fixed. I had to get a new bumper cover, new left taillight, fixed the dent on the decklid, scratch on the quarter panel/gas door area. There isn't much behind the bumper besided the impact foam. Then there is just the metal of the trunk area. If an airbag didn't go off it wasn't that hard of a hit I wouldn't think. Mine DID cost State Farm about $2000 to fix, but the shop I used did repaint the bumper cover, decklid, rear drivers quarter panel, fuel door. If u are planning to repaint the car anyhow, just try to find a shop who will work with u and your insurance. I can give u a name of a place in NW indiana I used and have known the owners for 25 years. Its in Highland, IN. Its called Carl's Autobody Repair Service. They do full frame-off restorations and total autobody repair on anything from model A's to 2007 corvette. They will work with u and your insurance. If you happen to have state farm, they don't even have to call state farm, just fix it and send them the bill. They are approved by corporate state farm to do whatever and just fix it! They also do custom graphics, paint or vinyl, wheels, tint, etc. They rock!

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
That sucks man! If anything get the insurance co. to cut you a check and use the money towards having the car painted...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just be glad you have insurance.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LHSDriver01 said:
That sucks man! If anything get the insurance co. to cut you a check and use the money towards having the car painted...
yea ok now how does that go? do I have to get it aprasied or whatever...because thats what i want...like will the insurance automatically cut me or check or will they just pay for it when the work is done i would rather them just send me a check to get my car fixed...anyone deal with this before?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
U better not paint that thing BLACK! u will be washing it every day.... Paint it silver and all you need is some tire shine! lol, Sorry bout the accident. I would be suspicious of my brother if i were you.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
r0meo021 said:
U better not paint that thing BLACK! u will be washing it every day.... Paint it silver and all you need is some tire shine! lol, Sorry bout the accident. I would be suspicious of my brother if i were you.

lol black is sooo sleek thou...20% black tint all around, niteshaded tails, black zinc coated rotors, black rims, black paint, black interior....mmmmmmthe darkest sexiest thing ever lol...and all the off set colors are blue, blue gauges, atc, calipers, underbody lights, interior neons, amp lightin, voltmeter, pioneer deh-8mp (blue), radar detector lights, otis light....it just gets no better than that lol....and yea the mofo wont be driving **** after its fixed...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
interpretblurple said:
yea ok now how does that go? do I have to get it aprasied or whatever...because thats what i want...like will the insurance automatically cut me or check or will they just pay for it when the work is done i would rather them just send me a check to get my car fixed...anyone deal with this before?
It's best to ask your insurance agent. Most insurance companies have you get estimates from two different shops, other insurance companies want you to get it appraised at one of their own places. By the way.....Black is a great choice for 2G Treps.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heres the deal my dad said it would be better for me to just file a police report and when the catch him file a claim against his insurance company and not even include my insurance place cuz my rates are gonna go up...i think i will do that...but i just wanna get my baby fixed...

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
lol, if you file a police report for an accident, MOST states require you to report the accident to YOUR insurance agency within a certain amount of time. 30 days in SC.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
interpretblurple said:
heres the deal my dad said it would be better for me to just file a police report and when the catch him file a claim against his insurance company and not even include my insurance place cuz my rates are gonna go up...i think i will do that...but i just wanna get my baby fixed...
Unfortunately there's not much chance of the cops catching the asshole, unless your brother happened to get his plate number or knows who it was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts