DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm not gonna bash on intrepids, or make fun of intrepid drivers (i don't wanna sink down to that level)... all i'm doing is offering a formal invitation to ANY intrepid driver that wants to take a shot at my car, instead of throwing around USELESS insults, why not back up what you say? cus you guys seem pretty confident that your cars are faster... email me if interested...

oh, and just for fun, what is the FASTEST 1/4 time run on this entire board?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just for your information, most, not all, recognize what these cars are meant for. As you would have to admit a 12 valve 4 cylinder probe isn't much but do agree that the turbo gt's and v6 models were "quick cars." Most know that the dodge intrepid and its sister cars were designed mainly for one goal, to provide roomy, affordable, unique, responsive, and dependable transportation. The whole issue with the "kills" forum is being dealt with and a solution will be implemented sometime this week. I personally know what this car is and capable of, and see nothing wrong with those trying to make it faster than as it came stock. I do not see any car as fast until it turns 14's in the 1/4 so take that as you may wish. We no longer want people targeting and bashing other cars or the car this site is dedicated to either. If you or anyone outside the "intrepid" ring have a problem you need to contact me or randy who owns the site. We promise to reply to your concerns and no longer want such messages posted on this forum. As long as its in good taste we have no problem. Personally I welcome those with other cars here, since I have worked on cars ranging from porsche to anything domestic, and even helping probes go faster personally. If anyone has an issue with this contact me but do not post.

·
Registered
32 Posts
somewhat agree

You know I used to have a 94Probe GT... and while it was definitely is faster than an Intrepid... it still wasn't really that fast. For a sports car it was actually kind of slow.

My friend had a 1999 Camaro SS ... if you want fast for a reasonable price that is the car for you. Guess you better hurry because I hear 2002 is the last year. And my general impression of Mustangs are they are shitboxes!

BTW I somewhat agree that it seems like a waste of time/money to try to make an Intrepid go fast. It is hopelessly underpowered when speed is your goal... more rational to start with a car that is already fast.... and the other thing is there is no room under the hood in the Intrepid... doesn't seem like there is much you can do.

Patrick

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think there are only 2 of us in 2nd Gen's that have been to the 1/4 mile. My best is a 15.65, the other guy ran a 15.1 when it was like 30 degrees out. Never see any Probes at the 1/4 mile around here so I have no idea how fast they are.

"BTW I somewhat agree that it seems like a waste of time/money to try to make an Intrepid go fast. It is hopelessly underpowered when speed is your goal... more rational to start with a car that is already fast.... and the other thing is there is no room under the hood in the Intrepid... doesn't seem like there is much you can do."

If someone wanted to spend the $1500 on prowler pro gears the R/T could easily run in the 14's, so I don't think it's anywhere near hopelessly underpowered.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've run 13 flat in my '84 nissan 300zx turbo... My intrepid is a lot slower than that...

·
Registered
11 Posts
You're talking about Probe GT's vs. Intrepids and a Probe GT is very close to an older model 300zx... Even when my Z was stock (they are only 3.0 v-6's) I still took my Intrepid without a problem. Therefore a Probe GT isn't a very realistic race for an Intrepid... Maybe something like a 4 cylinder base line Probe?

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
sinizta said:
You're talking about Probe GT's vs. Intrepids and a Probe GT is very close to an older model 300zx... Even when my Z was stock (they are only 3.0 v-6's) I still took my Intrepid without a problem. Therefore a Probe GT isn't a very realistic race for an Intrepid... Maybe something like a 4 cylinder base line Probe?
OK, thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know that. Sorry :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haha, No problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
???

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by bboucher
If someone wanted to spend the $1500 on prowler pro gears the R/T could easily run in the 14's, so I don't think it's anywhere near hopelessly underpowered.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what would stop the guy with the Camaro from putting lower gears on his car... starting with an Intrepid is like having one hand tied behind your back. I just don't see it as a fast car.

Compared to my stock Probe GT it is quite slow. Mine is an ES but I don't think the extra 20hp of the RT would make much difference. Anyway the Intrepid is a nice riding car and for a large car it seems pretty quick and the handling is not bad. Not a sports car for sure but a nice balance.

Patrick

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Re: ???

pbrannigan said:

...starting with an Intrepid is like having one hand tied behind your back.
This is a challenge some people like.

It's easy to buy a honda and build it up from there because there is a ton of aftermarket. However, working with an Intrepid requires more time, effort, thought, design, and yes money, too. But some people would rather do this then follow everyone else.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Re: Re: ???

Intrepid99 said:

This is a challenge some people like.

It's easy to buy a honda and build it up from there because there is a ton of aftermarket. However, working with an Intrepid requires more time, effort, thought, design, and yes money, too. But some people would rather do this then follow everyone else.

Just my opinion.
Amen brotha!!! I like challenges!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Re: ???

pbrannigan said:
quote:
Originally posted by bboucher

And what would stop the guy with the Camaro from putting lower gears on his car... starting with an Intrepid is like having one hand tied behind your back. I just don't see it as a fast car.
Yes, but there is a certain point where you can't go any lower of a gear ratio because the car would just be undriveable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're worried about finding parts then you get another toy :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts