DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I can chime in because I drag raced and roll on raced a 2.7L Intrepid with my wife's 94 LHS 3.5L.

From a drag, easy 3.5 win. by about 3 cars.
From a roll on from 100km'hr, 2.7L every time.

Not sure if the 2.7L is in it's prime spot but we repeated this 3 times and the same results. Shame on the 3.5L because the Intrepid was a rental.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have another story about a 2.7L trep.

A friend of mine has a 98 grand prix gtp supercharged, we were accelerating on a freeway ramp, and we come up to a 2.7L trep fast.

Well once that trep saw us practically glued to it's bumper, the driver floored it, and I'll tell ya from a 40mph start that GTP had a hard time overtaking the 2.7L.

From a standing start the 2.7L would have been destroyed.

·
Registered
379 Posts
k-nash said:
I have another story about a 2.7L trep.

A friend of mine has a 98 grand prix gtp supercharged, we were accelerating on a freeway ramp, and we come up to a 2.7L trep fast.

Well once that trep saw us practically glued to it's bumper, the driver floored it, and I'll tell ya from a 40mph start that GTP had a hard time overtaking the 2.7L.

From a standing start the 2.7L would have been destroyed.

40 mph is the absolute worst spot for a GTP (with a stock PCM). It will not downshift to first, and the bottom of second gear is not the place to be in when you are racing from a roll.

What's next: 2.7L treps beating a second gen 3.5L from a roll?
Has anyone tried that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts