DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Search and read up a bit on that stuff. Learning what a CAI is a good start :).

There are a handful of basic mods to do like intake, exhaust, UD pulley, 3.89 gears, and various other things.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

There are a handful of basic mods to do like intake, exhaust, UD pulley, 3.89 gears, and various other things.
you lost me at UD pulley and 3.89 gears

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Okay so the 2.7L SE Intrepids and the 300M Specials came with different gearing, also known as 3.89 gears. If you get those gears into your transmission it'll give you a better low-end.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts

What he said....
There are some basics...
More in + More out = More HP
Intake (CAI & Throttle Body) + Exhaust (true duals) = more HP (as much as 10 - 15 whp)

Gears are a help
But as important as that is general maintenance.
If you want to go fast, you will need to take better care of the car than most people do.

Do some research, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
you lost me at UD pulley and 3.89 gears
That's fine, just use that basic information as a better starting ground for searching through threads. It should help you filter through everything a bit easier. If you still don't get it after a little light reading, then we'll be more than happy to help explain things.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so the 2.7L SE Intrepids and the 300M Specials came with different gearing, also known as 3.89 gears. If you get those gears into your transmission it'll give you a better low-end.
that sounds like a big job I woudln't be able to do because I'm not much of a mechanic, i'm a noob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts