DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah i've made a few post and i love my 94 ES but im thinking maybe its time to get a newer car which gets better milage. what should i get thats between 98-05. which ones get good milage, which ones are fast, which ones cost around what? i just want to get an idea.

-india
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
R/Ts are fastest, SEs get the best mileage
SEs tend to sludge up (98-01s mostly)
3.2s are a good in between....got some speed, and you can get pretty good milegae
SEs can be had anywhere from about $3500+
ESs can be had anywhere from about $3700+
R/Ts can be anywhere up from that usually
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
I picked up my '98 Corde' LXI 3.2L in Feb. and I paid $7k and then another $1k for a 3 year extended warranty. Whatever you do, try to stay away from the 2.7L because they seem to have a lot of unwanted problems; and always go with a warranty, they rule! I just paid $123.00 on a $878.00 bill for a new rack & pinion! But I am having some MPG trouble right now, so it's not the best. I'd say about 11-14 mpg, or so.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
unkut2003 said:
I picked up my '98 Corde' LXI 3.2L in Feb. and I paid $7k and then another $1k for a 3 year extended warranty. Whatever you do, try to stay away from the 2.7L because they seem to have a lot of unwanted problems; and always go with a warranty, they rule! I just paid $123.00 on a $878.00 bill for a new rack & pinion! But I am having some MPG trouble right now, so it's not the best. I'd say about 11-14 mpg, or so.
fix that O2 sensor first...then take your foot off the floor :)

i get about 20-22 in the city...27-29 on the highway
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
unkut2003 said:
:gross_07: How did you know............

I thought that the 02 sensor problem I was having was downstream and wasn't a big deal?
did you nail it down to a the exact problem? usually when one goes bad, its an upstream, and thats what controls fuel flow mostly....but even so, it COULD do that...otherwise you have somethin else wrong
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
340duster said:
did you nail it down to a the exact problem? usually when one goes bad, its an upstream, and thats what controls fuel flow mostly....but even so, it COULD do that...otherwise you have somethin else wrong

Well I searched the threads and did a self-diagnostic to it and got 2 codes. They were for 1/2 and 2/2, which I was told were both downstreams and didn't do nothing important. Says it couldn't get a reading from the sensor or something like that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone know what kind of milege the srt-4 gets?

so if i want power and good milege i should get a es trep?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
india said:
anyone know what kind of milege the srt-4 gets?

so if i want power and good milege i should get a es trep?
srt-4 is rated at 22 city, 30 highway...i havent heard anyone near that close though (cant keep their foot out of it)...the ES is a good mix of power and mileage, but if you want power, just get an SRT-4 if possible
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top