DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... which one... and why?

I am leaning toward the Basslink cause I like all the little controls it has. Plus you can buy a remote for it to control the bass from inside the car.

I am looking for a powered sub... dont want to go past $250 out of my pocket.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing I was checking out was power specs on them. The Infinity is 200W RMS power. I think the strongest Bazooka tube ive seen is 150W RMS. Not for nothing but I would want something that can crank at least 150 RMS.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
myself personaly would choose Infinty, because of its name(Infinity is a quality company) and the power. The only thing against it is that it has no box or anything, I was talkin with a stereo guy and he suggested a tube just because it has the tube for reproduction .

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
too bad you dont live closer to me. for $250 i would sell you a pair of Jensen XSBass 10" subs (with the box) and a 300 watt Jensen amp. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whats the specs on the stuff? Do you have model numbers and wattage in RMS (not peak)?

Any pics?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd go with Infinity, I am a stereo guy and always liked Infinity. I was always impressed with how hard my stock, cheap Infinity 120W system knocked in my 1999 ES. I'd also get the Infinity cause that's what Chrysler used for a while, now the new trep speakers just say "Premium Sound", which I don't like. By going with the Infinity you'll also kind of keep everything uniform.

Now if you were going to go for a fat Subwoofer or sub set I'd have to say Cerwin-Vega or possibly JBL! But I don't think they make them bass tubes.

Cerwin-Vega holds many records and has broken many records.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The subs are 450 watts peak, 150 RMS. They have an 88dB sensitivity level. The amp is 2 channel 300watts and its bridgable.

Heres a pic of the subs. The outer ring on that one sub came discolored like that when it was new. I have no idea why.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm not positive about the prices but I've heard nothing but good things come out of JL. A good JL 8" or 10" will knock the crap out of any bazooka or Infinity. Course you'd have to get the external amp.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think you need to tell us what you expect out of the sub. The Basslink and Bazooka are solutions for people that don't want to take up a lot of trunk space, and if need be they can be taken out quite easily.

If space is no concern or portability, go with something bigger and more permanent, and that more likely sounds/hits better/harder.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by blkbute:
myself personaly would choose Infinty, because of its name(Infinity is a quality company) and the power. The only thing against it is that it has no box or anything, I was talkin with a stereo guy and he suggested a tube just because it has the tube for reproduction .
What do you mean it has no box or anything??? :) Yes it does! :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
when I said no box, I meant not a very big box, it pretty much just holds the woofer. A box like Warlords is good, I like his setup if your planning on keeping things stock.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by MoparPerformance:

Cerwin-Vega holds many records and has broken many records.

B]

I would like to buy a Stroker sub from them, a bit pricy but you gotto pay for the best in the world. Nice 12" with about 1,400 RMS to it should do the trick.
:D

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pimped: If I was to do an AMP/speaker combo install... instead of a powered woofer... I would rather get something thats at least 300RMS minimum for doing all that work.

As far as what I am looking for... the Infinity system is decent enough for me.... I just want to add some thump. Im surprised nobody here has a Basslink installed. I heard it in Circut City. In a wide open demonstration area... it seemed to thump pretty nicely. Down the road who knows, if it doesnt thump enough... ill just add a second one. ;)

And yeah.. the 2002 line... now the speakers just say "Premium Sound"... even on a 2002 300M. Ain't that the shits?

Also question... would I be able to run two of these Basslinks off one power line feed from the battery? If I am going to pay $125 for my sound guy to put it in, if I eventually want to add a second I would like to just tap into my existing power line and not have to pay another $125. Can the power wire be spliced, split to run two of these? What minimum gague wire would i need to do this? Would 4 gague cut it?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hell yeah!, Strokers are the shhhht! Spiderflex design with a center pole piece to keep the woofer in line! CV holds the worlds record.

My friend is crazy and wants to put a Stroker or two in his ride. He had a 15" Cerwin-Vega sub in his 94' Jeep Grand Cherokee in a custom box, it used to knock his rearview mirror down, he's tried Mopar adhesive, special adhesive, tape, it just keeps falling off because of all the bass.

Sorry for gettin' off subject a little....

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: MoparPerformance ]

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by DjPiLL:
Also question... would I be able to run two of these Basslinks off one power line feed from the battery? If I am going to pay $125 for my sound guy to put it in, if I eventually want to add a second I would like to just tap into my existing power line and not have to pay another $125. Can the power wire be spliced, split to run two of these? What minimum gague wire would i need to do this? Would 4 gague cut it?
You CAN run just one power wire from the battery. You CAN'T splice the wire, at least not in the normal sense. What you would want to do is run the power wire from the battery into a distribution box. You can get various "sizes" of distribution boxes. If you plan to upgrade in the future, I would get a two-out distribution box. From the distribution box you would run the power wire to the amp(s).

As for what guage of wire, I would run at least 4 guage from the battery to the distribution block. From the distribution block to the amp you can use 8 guage.

·
Read Only
118 Posts
I am leaning toward the Basslink cause I like all the little controls it has. Plus you can buy a remote for it to control the bass from inside the car.
Where did you see the remote for it? I did not see that option when i bought my Basslink.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts