DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to install my infinity reference 6x9" 's in my car and its a real pain, it seems theres no way they fit, has anyone installed this in their car before?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Redneck Engineering is required!

Yeah, there is a way to get them to fit: Dremel tool with a grinding wheel attached! That's about the only way to get these suckers to fit. But that's the redneck with power tools method.... the only right way to do it.

Chain store method:
Just for laughs, I asked the guys at Circuit City how they did it, here's their response: "We just torque them down really good" When I said that that bends the speaker frame, their response was this: "It doesn't affect sound quality" Yeah right!

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Huh...never had any probs with my Kappa 6x9s. I would have figured the 2 would have been very simular.

--Gorm

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Gorm said:
Huh...never had any probs with my Kappa 6x9s. I would have figured the 2 would have been very simular.

--Gorm
I have the kappas as well and they dropped right in. I'm surprised they're different as well. The only problem I had was in the front doors where the high tweeter stalk prevented the grills from sitting flush.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My Kappa 6x9's just dropped right in???

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Looks like them infinty's are popular speakers! :)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I have this same issue with the reference 6x9's. I guess the good ol' dremel should take care of that, ;)lol, any way I have the 3-way 6x9's, and the front 6 1/2 component reference system, w/ an Infinity 7541a amp, she sounds clear as can be, but the slanted 6x9 wont let the cover go back on, since it pretrudes more than the stock sets, hmmm, any other ideas guys?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts