DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's the situation.I had a 2000 Stratus before I traded for the '01 Trep.The Stratus' stereo was standard as far as I can remember.

It just seems to me that the stereo in the Trep is just not that loud.At least not as loud as the Stratus.The Trep comes with the Infinty 110W system.

Now,I'm just looking for possible reasons to this.Maybe where the inside of the car is bigger is having an effect on the sound that I'm used to.Maybe there is something wrong with my stereo.Too dispell that theory I went to the dealer and got in another 01 Trep with the same system.It seemed to be louder but that could be because of not having the noise of the flowmaster to compete with.Or maybe after the many years of listening to heavy metal my hearing is just starting to go. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the stereo at the dealer was exactly the same.

I just went and checked the sound with the car turned off.It is quite loud.I'm now leaning more towards the possibility of more road noise combined with the bigger interior to the difference in noise level between the Trep and the Stratus.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, my bddy who owns a Neon, the stereo is much louder, but it does not produce as much Bass, loud is not always better, way better sound quality out of the Intrepid then his Neon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts