• Go For the Infinty II

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth converting a non infinity system to a infinty system how does it sound, some say great others say no?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I would go aftermarket, it would be much less work, and you will end up having more controll over it, and better sound...

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
there is nothing wrong with the Infiniti system, but the only plus is that it is better then stock speakers. Really the stock Infiniti system is not even as good as the after market Infiniti stuff, and there is much better aftermarket stuff than Infiniti. If you really want better sound find something aftermarket that appeals to your ears...you will probably be much happier if you go that route.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
right now i got the chrysler cd cassette with pioneer 220W speakers all around but i heard the speakers in a 300m and it sounded so good LOL maybe i want the sail and center channel for some reason

BTW sorry for mispelling Infinity everywhere i get to hyper typing :)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
LOL, I just realized that I was spelling Infinity like the car company.

Are you talking about the yellow ones made of Kevlar, I believe they are called Rev's? If so I can personally tell you that the Infinity system is nowhere near as good. What kind of amp do you have powering the speakers? I have the Infinity sail speakers, and I have them unplugged since one blew shortly after putting my Rev's in, and there is no big difference. I am replacing those with some Pioneer's soon. I would just get a sail from somebody, buy three aftermarket speakers, put two in the sails one in the dash, run the wires, and then you should be in good shape!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got some pioneer 6.5 and 6x9 both 3 ways they are the ones walmart sales and to me they sound good get the clear highs and on some music the 6x9 bump or at elast shake the mirror LOL but im replacing the dash harness to get ATC and i saw it has the center speaker and the amp plug so i got to thinkin LOL. i

·
Registered
467 Posts
the sound is OK at best.

it's only a matter of time until one of the 6.5" door speakers blows. You'll get tired of the annoying buzz, so you'll put the fade to the other speaker so you don't hear it. This will blow the other speaker.

You'll get tired of the buzz so you'll turn it to full rear no front. This will blow the rear 6x9's. This all happened to me in a matter of two weeks, and I'm not the first to have it happen.

I'm running amplified 6.5" components in the front doors and replacement coaxial 6x9's in the rear (stock headunit, stock amp disconnected, stock center dash speaker and sail speakers removed), about $300 total for good products that everyone recognizes. I might upgrade my wiring someday and replace the rear 6x9's with two 10" subs amplified.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts