DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like my transmision is acting up again. Anybody know about a shop called Ace Transmission in west Toronto?

Also does anyone know what a rebuilt tranny for a 3.3l 1994 Intrepid would cost vs. repairing the the one I have (worst case) :giveup: ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
This may or may not help depending on your views.
Last year, there were numerous posts on doing a 3.3 to 2.7 tranny or Powerdemon swap. The people who said they have it claim all that had to be done was rewire the plug (tranny harness) and drill a hole.

Powerdemons are expensive, but they do come with a warranty (more than likely void if modified) and they're made for a stronger engine. With that, you can get a shift kit for it!

If you want to do this or that, do a search on the forums, there usually is an answer.

http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42009

God dayum that's a ***** to find. If anyone has a better thread link, please post.

:notify:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
yea.. I put a 2004 tranny in my 1996 intrepid. needed the wiring harness updated, and a hole drilled, but it works very well.

my dad has put 50K on it and it still shifts like new.

I did a "How-To" about it too...

http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30913

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My problem is that the tranny is stuck in limp mode (but I can get reverse). The last time (about a month ago) I had barely 2nd gear and no reverse. Changing the trans fluid and filter fixed it for a month, then last week while accelerating on the highway, the tranny made a weird noise and wouldn't shift into o/d. Then limp mode. I disconnected the batterry over night, drove the car and again shifting into o/d it slipped then went into limp mode. I'm taking Ravin's advice and taking it to a tranny shop for a diagnoses. I'm praying it's a sensor or something else cheap to fix. A new tranny in a 12 year old car with 314,000 kilometres is too much to spend. Too bad Chrysler doesn't give a new car to owners that hit the million mile/kilometre threshhold, getting it fixed might be worth it.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Intrepid1440 said:
Too bad Chrysler doesn't give a new car to owners that hit the million mile/kilometre threshhold, getting it fixed might be worth it.
Dude, that makes almost zero financial sense.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would try to change the fluid again and do a flush. Use ATF+4 if possible. If you care to read my post "ATF+4 (Testimonial)"

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have a 42LE Chrysler Rebuilt with a 3yr/36000 mile waranty. I want $1000.00 for it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It was purchased from a dealer in Chicago. They told me that they would activate the warranty when it was installed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I had to take the plunge and get my transmission fixe. It cost $2700 total. There was something wrong with the planetary gears, the torque convertor, and no 3rd gear. The guys at Ace Transmission were pretty good too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts