DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to change the intake gasket this weekend on my 97 ES 3.5 and I read in the Chilton book that I need to remove the rails and all the injectors prior to pull out the intake...Is that right? I never get that far on changing parts on a car before so I am a little bit nervous..But I read in other post that it was quite easy if you take your time, which I usually do when I work on my car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did the intake manifold gasket on my 96 3.5 Intrepid by following the procedure in the factory service manual three or four years ago. While I remember removing the bar that holds the injectors in, I don't remember removing the injectors themselves.

I am away from home on business, otherwise I'd look it up in the factory service manual.

You want to go to Napa and buy an intake manifold gasket there. They have metal ones, unlike the stock paper one which cracks and leaks air causing rough idle.

Good Luck,

dominicfortune00

·
Registered
114 Posts
see the how to on allpar. there is a bracket at the back of the intake that holds the two lines from the fuel rail. once this bracket is unscrewed, you can lift the rail over the thermostat (actually easier if the thermostat is off. then swing the rail assembly over to the drivers side of the engine very carefully. no need to disconnect or remove any injectors this way. you will need the gaskets that go under the fuel rails but these come with the kit. follow guide in allpar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts