DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told i needed one, and its pretty obvious. I had the shop get me one for 268$ installed! BUT when they got it, the part that goes into it was smaller than the opening on it. I assumed that they ordered an R/T tie rod. BUT when they called the parts store back, it was the correct part. what do i need to do now? anything i should know? anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
689 Posts
inner tie rod

all LH inner tie rods have a replaceable rubber bushing, no way around it, the old presses out and the new one presses in, AT the shop I work at it is about a $270 buck job including re-aligning the front end.
Tom

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Why the hell would you need a new inner tie rod? As mentioned above, it's just a matter of replacing the bushings. Can be done in an afternoon reasonable easily.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is that not the rod that screws into the other one?????? Mine was stripped out. What is it that i need then? The part they ordered looked EXACTLY like the one they took off, but it was just bigger.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Sounds like what you need is the sleeve that the inner and outer tie rods screw into.

And if thats the case, i certainly wouldn't be paying anyone to do it. Replacing that is even easier, hell you don't even have to lift the hood.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, but it has to do with the alignment anyways, I will just have them do it so they can align it too. What causes this to go bad?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Yeah it does affect the alignment, but you can put it back together with the alignment pretty close to where it was yourself, and then just have the alignment done. As what causes the sleeve to go bad, i'm not sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts