DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have searched the forums and still am totally undescided on how I will go about this. After I get my tax refund, I am going to get my exhaust done up. I want to go with the dual setup. I am leaning towards the flowmaster 80 series and I am gonna get Gold tips :biggrin: to accent my cars color. Now, since it seems that we are not sure if anybody has/did a true dual setup, I would like to ask you all for what you would think to be a nice set up. I don't want my car to sound like a 4 cylindar trying to be a V6...I.E lawnmower on crack. I want a low but yet aggressive sound. From the front to the back, I need input. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
My friend at work told me that my car sounded like a Viper........but he also said it didn't sound like no big block V8 :p

If you go with a Flowmaster 80..........it's not a TRUE dual setup.......you'd need 2 seperate mufflers for a TRUE dual setup.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
No, for a "true dual" setup, you need to have two seperate pipes, which would eliminate the front resonator. It's been discussed on here many, many times. With these small displacement motors, you need to keep some backpressure, so it's not a great idea to have a big, wide open exhaust on these cats. There are several options to choose from. Go look at the trubendz website. They have a couple different configurations. They should give you an idea of what you may want. As far as sound goes, it's really hard to determine which will sound better...even with sound clips. It's just not the same as hearing it in person. I'll most likely go with the cross-flow muffler on mine when I get it done this spring.... Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts