DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the inside front door panel on a 96 Intrepid ES? I unscrewed everything, and removed the speaker like my Chilton book said, but there is a rod connecting the inside release handle to the latch mechanism. The manual says "Disengage the clip holding the linkage rod to the inside latch handle and separate the rod from the handle."

HOW?? From what I see, It doesn't just "un-clip"

Every other car Ive worked on has had the inside handle secured to the door frame so this wasn't an issue.. I need the replace my door lock motors, but I can't get at them because I cant get the door panel completely off..

Am I just missing something? How do I disengage that clip?

·
Registered
840 Posts
have you seen a few colour plastic clips? twist or turn them 90 degree will release the metal bar from the lock module.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, there's a white plastic clip that you must turn in order to disengage the handle from the metal bar. Look for the clip on the inside of the door panel behind the handle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help

Thanks so much for the help.. Its much appreciated.. I got the panel off and figured out how im going to fix the problem..Even though something that simple makes me feel a bit stupid.. Oh well - Such is life

1 - 5 of 5 Posts