DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE**insrtument cluster colors..got a pic

i had a few spare minuits on my lunch at work and this is what i ended up with..now the lights that i have are 194 with 3 LED bulbs..kinda shining only in one direction so thats y the 40km/h and 160km/h are much brighter..im looking for a similar bulb with a greater view angle..
i only had 2 bulbs cuz i didnt know if it was gona work and they cost 11$...and i also went to the dealer and dought 2 spare sockets and bulbs in case i fcuked soemthing up

my camera is kinda shiiizer soory pics are half a$$

im actually in the process of fixing the brightness of some numbers..will be looking mint tho
my friend has the same lightbulbs for his angeleyes and he said if you put a little silver touch up paint on the tips of the bulbs it will dispurce the light sideways..i will do it over the weekend maybe

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Well, if you can figure it out how the 40 and 180 are not the brightest, let me know.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
I believe that the brightest light at the 40 and 180 is due to the bulb being directly behind those numbers. I had someone change my cluster bulbs with LEDs a few months ago and did not like it due to the fact that it showed up just like the above pic. I wanted more of a even speard of the light, did not like to over bright areas so I pulled mine back out. I still have my set of full blue leds for my cluster.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason its brightest over the 2 areas is becasue the light is directly infrom of those numbers...however there is the same bulbs that are enclosed making the light spread evenly..im waiing to see if i can pick up some of those bulbs.the ones i used are "Eurolights Hyper White"...it was a real pita gettin my bulbs in the socket of the old white bulbs...they dont just come off...i played with each bulb by pokin it tru the little hole...eventually the bulb broke a little but that helps...then u have to make sure the contacts on the bulbs are in place.simple as 1+1=2

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Well, if you can figure it out how the 40 and 180 are not the brightest, let me know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts