DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was recently at my local pick'n'pull and came across some really nice seats out of a 2002 300m and couldn't resist, was wondering how hard would it be to put them in my 98 'trep? What all would i have to grab to make it work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
If you just want the power seat movement functions to work...then nothing. Just install them in your car and connect the power to the bottom of the seats.

If you want the Heat and Memory functions to work then you're out of luck. 1998 cars don't have the Premium BCM along with it's programming. (300m wasn't introduced until 1999)

Is your car an ES or a Base Model?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
What's the color of the plastic on your ignition key? Black or Gray?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
Only way you'll get Premium functions is to swap the BCM out to a later year. Either 1999 or 2000. Problem with that is you have a Base ES without SKIM and all the Premium BCMs from 1999-2000 will be SKIM equipped. If you swap to a 1999-2000 Premium BCM it'll tell you're PCM it's SKIM equipped and lock it out. No Start.SKIM is a Security feature.

So essentially there isn't any quick and cheap way to get all the 300m Seat functions in a 1998 car.

Like I said...you can get the power seat move functions no problem. Everything else is a no go.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
Even if you had a 1999 Base model.or later..it would've worked. 1998 doesn't have the PCI Bus programming to get all the seat functions.

Sorry.

There have been rumors of adding a 2nd BCM to get these functions to work..but again..it won't be cheap or easy. Especially if you're not familiar with wiring and a soldering iron.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm not afraid of wiring and I know my way around a soldering iron. Something to think about. Just where to start?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
Just pull all the chassis wiring from the donor car along with all the Electronic modules and swap them out.

I don't have the time or inclination to do a write-up on a wiring addition/swap/mod that may not work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I all ready pulled the wire harness that was attached the seats, it ran from the front all the way to the tail lights.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,839 Posts
All of them. Don't forget the dash wiring harness.

Can't really help you anymore with your project. Maybe someone else can.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I were to grab all the wiring, the bcm, the skim module, the pcm, the key, and ignition do you think the car would start?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts