DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

installing a viper 791

2K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  mrcllusb 
#1 ·
I'm planning on installing my alarm this tuesday and wanted to ask acouple of questions...
1 has anyone installed one of these on a intrepid?
2 was it difficult?
3 is this info correct?(look at pic)
im planning on installing window roll up and proximity sensor
so far i got the alarm, bypass module(DEI555C), proximity sensor(DEI508D) window roll up module(DEI530T)....am I missing anything else?

TIA
-Junior

#2 ·
a couple of relays and you'll be set to go...i installed 791 in my 98 corde...which is identical to the trep family....the dificult part is in pre-wiring stage where you have to hook up all the modules together...some of the wires of JUST 791 have to be tied together also (ground and whatnot) and there is no pic to look at to tell ya if anything is correct there...i hate programming proximity sensors...what a pain in the ass....on the other hand, window roll module and voice block will be my mods for next month or so.

#3 ·
junior_323 said:
I'm planning on installing my alarm this tuesday and wanted to ask acouple of questions...
1 has anyone installed one of these on a intrepid?
2 was it difficult?
3 is this info correct?(look at pic)
im planning on installing window roll up and proximity sensor
so far i got the alarm, bypass module(DEI555C), proximity sensor(DEI508D) window roll up module(DEI530T)....am I missing anything else?

TIA
-Junior
sorry, heres the pic...

#4 ·
i can't read that thing...way too small on my screen haha, but here is what i got...check if everything is the same

12volts red (40A), pink/black (40A) + ignition harness
Starter yellow + ignition harness
Second Starter N/A
Ignition dk. blue/white + ignition harness
Second Ignition dk. green/red + ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory black/orange + ignition harness
Second Accessory black/white + ignition harness
Keysense lt. blue - ign harn or BCM, black plug, pin 24
Notes: The BCM is attached to the back of the junction block, at the driver side end of the dash. The plugs for the BCM face the firewall.
Power Lock white/dk. green + BCM, blue plug, pin 5
Notes: Lock is positive trigger thru a 2.7K ohm resistor. Unlock is positive trigger thru a 620 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.

The BCM is attached to the back of the junction block, at the driver side end of the dash. The plugs for the BCM face the firewall.

Can also use Directed 457C or 456L interface modules.
Power Unlock same as power lock wire
Lock Motor orange 5wi back of junc block, brn plug, pin 3
Unlock Motor dk. blue 5wi back of junc block, brn plug, pin 7
Parking Lights+ black/yellow + back of junc block, gry plug, pin 11
Parking Lights- yellow - switch or BCM, black plug, pin 2
Notes: Parking lights are negative trigger thru a 47 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.

The BCM is attached to the back of the junction block, at the driver side end of the dash. The plugs for the BCM face the firewall.
Hazards same as turn signal wires
Turn Signal(L) lt. green + back of junc block, brn plug, pin 11
Turn Signal(R) tan + back of junc block, brn plug, pin 10
Reverse Light purple/black + back of junc block, brn plug, pin 12
Door Trigger see notes - BCM, blue plug
Notes: The LF door is tan in pin 4, RF door is tan/red in pin 2, LR door is tan/red in pin 1, and RR door is tan/red in pin 10. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.

Dome Supervision yellow - front of junc block, tan plug, pin 4
Trunk/Hatch Pin tan/black - driver kick, harness to rear
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release black/white + switch or BCM, gray plug, pin 1
Notes: The BCM is attached to the back of the junction block, at the driver side end of the dash. The plugs for the BCM face the firewall.
Power Sliding Door N/A
Factory Alarm Arm lt. green/orange + BCM, blue plug, pin 13
Notes: Arm is positive trigger thru a 1.87K ohm resistor. Disarm is positive trigger thru a 680 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.

Can also use Directed 457C or 456L interface modules.
Factory Alarm Disarm same as factory alarm arm wire
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm
Tachometer NOT dk. green/lt. green ac any ignition coil or fuel injector
Wait to start N/A
Brake Wire white/tan + brake pedal switch
Parking Brake gray/black - back of junc block, tan plug, pin 1
Horn Trigger black/red - back of junc block, gry plug, pin 6
Memory Seat 1 pink/red - switch or memory mod under dr seat
Memory Seat 2 pink/white - switch or memory mod under dr seat
Memory Seat 3 N/A -
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Sentry Key
Part #: 555CW
Alternate Part1 #: 556UW
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Only vehicles with gray keys have the immobilizer.
Interface Module: Category:
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457CW
Alternate Part1 #: 456LW
Notes:

#9 ·
EvilDeadFan said:
Or.. pay a professional that can guarantee their work like $40... take it to an installer that's close to a movie theatre. That's what I did. Just make sure they sotter cables together and not crimp where possible.
the cheapest quote I got was 280 bucks...

#12 ·
i have direct wire if you need help call 516 292 4466 ask for eric tell who ever what you need

#16 ·
take that 87a wire and just rip it out of the relay, you won't need it for anything. terminals 85 and 86 are the energizers (when this circuit is closed in those they will let the energy from 87 pass to 30)

so just follow the "normally open circuit" diagram

#19 ·
russ1anstud said:
take that 87a wire and just rip it out of the relay, you won't need it for anything. terminals 85 and 86 are the energizers (when this circuit is closed in those they will let the energy from 87 pass to 30)

so just follow the "normally open circuit" diagram
thank you very much for all your help russ1anstud

#21 ·
:smokin: np man good luck installin, tell me how it went.....oh ya almost forgot to tell you an important part....for door lock/unlock, you have to diode isolate each wire from the main green/white wire. so when you add w/e the resistor is for that particular wire, then you have to add on a diode and then connect it to the main wire...

#22 · (Edited)
ok if you want a trunk pop and door locks with ur 791 then you'll need

2 diodes (for lock/unlock)
2 relays (second accessory and trunk pop)

there is only one diode that i know out there lol it's a small resistor-lookin thing that is black with a silver stripe on one side of it....PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT SIDE OF YOUR CONNECTION THE STRIPE IS CLOSEST TO WHEN YOU INSTALL IT otherways it defeats the purpose of it....if you don't know much about diodes, google it, ppl have pretty good explanations what i dont feel like typing up....ur purpose with them here is to let the lock and unlock wires send the (+) to the main wire but isolate (+) from going back in the lock/unlock wires...

ok fine lol i won't make you go thru research haha

CONNECT THE SIDE WITH GREY STRIPE TO THE MAIN GREEN/WHITE SIDE OF THE WIRING

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.