DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m tryin to in stall new speedo, tach, temp, and fuel gauges and i was wondering if anyone can give me either the pin layout for the harnesses behind the instrument panel, or a wiring diagram

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Um, what? Why do you need a new wiring diagram to replace them? Why not just get another cluster if yours is ****ed up? Their cheap as hell at the local scrap yard much cheaper than those gauges probably.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, no I want a diagram because i want to try some aftermarket gauges, I'm tired of looking at the stock ones

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
..... Never really herd of that but, to each their own.

Sorry I can't find a diagram handy, but i'm sure there are a few fellas in here that have them ready to toss up anytime someone needs them Strongt being one of those guys.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I can e-mail you the FSM wiring diagram for the cluster just PM me. But it's not going to help you at all. The factory cluster works hand and hand with the Body Control Computer and PCM on the car. So a aftermarket cluster will not work. You can add a few like oil pressure and voltage if you want, but those lead wires go direct to the engine compartment. And will not work with the connector that the factory board snaps into.

If you want a diffrent look to your cluster, you can always get a cluster out of a Trep, or Vision, they are plug and play and they both have a different look.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that suck
I just figured they would work because I pulled on of the actual gauges out of the cluster and it was four pin

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
speedometer is controlled by circuit G7 on the TCM, Pin 58 is circuit G7, a white/orange wire ( ground for the sensor is on pin 51,a black/light blue wire)

Tach hooks up to white and black wire on the pcm, turns to a red wire some where.

G4 circuit on the bcm sends fuel level signal.( G4 is a dark blue wire coming from the fuel pump, going to the bcm)

volage to the instrument cluster is provided by the F33 circuit on the BCM (maybe), Protected by a15 AMP fuse.

Oil Pressure light is on circuit G6 from the oil pressure sending unit, grounded to the block (grey wire).

illumination for the cluster is provided by circuit E2 from the BCM (orange wire), or circuit L7 yellow/black wire) from the headlight switch.
ground for the circuit is provided by circuit Z1

Engine coolant temp sensor (tan/black), Ground for coolant temp sensor (black/Light blue)

so, from the wiring diagram this is what I've figured out. I was just wondering if gauges like autometer, or other brands will work on theese signals

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
has anyone tried this yet
yes,no? I'm just looking for an answer before I buy the gauges, because they're not very cheap

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright I guess I'm tryin it then, If it actually works I post something in the how to section

1 - 11 of 11 Posts