1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Looking good!!! :bigok:

·
Registered
443 Posts
the outside looks quite nice. i'm not a fan of painting interior parts though, so i won't comment. :)

BCintrepid said:
will got a little more done with the painting, all I have left are the rear door door handle bezels.

·
Registered
245 Posts
are you going to do around the radio because I did mine in red and I swear if I pretend hard enough I am in a VIPER!!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Looks really nice. How did you do those exterior parts? (I think it's called the C-Pillars) Did you just tape up the windows surrounding? Or do they come off somehow? I didn't like that idea at first but I grew into it and now I want to do it the same color as my car.

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
those c piller cover's can be easly removed or a pain. Open the rear door and you will see 3 or 4 phillip's screws holding it to the body. Be very careful at this point because they have clips that hold them to the rear window seal. You can't see it on mine but I broke the right side one in half, because the clips got glued into the window seal. The best thing to do would be to get set from the auto wreakers and paint them, that way if they break your safe, and if you don't like the look you can put the old ones back on.

·
Registered
545 Posts
-YAY! That's what I got a parts car for!

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Dude, I love the C-Pillar painting idea! I just got done with my car, I'll post pics in another thread (Because this thread isn't mine) when it's not 1:15AM outside...

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Veeb0rg said:
how did u get the parts off the door panels?
very carefully......the door panel is straight foward, the bezel is the *****...they use 10mm self treading nuts to hold them in and if your not careful taking them off they will break the plastic shafts that hold the bezel to the door panel.
Peppa Boy You Forgot The Radio Bezel
no I didn't...figured that would be over kill..and my objective was to just to the non textured surfaces.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i sanded my radio bezel then primered then sanded then painted then use that clearcoat stuff you would use like lacquer for wood looks awesome

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Would it be overdoing it if the middle pillars (I'm guessing the B-Pillars) were also painted the same color as the car? Just wondering.

Thanks,
-BaTmAn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts