DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had an idea for the intake for the 3.5. Would it be possible to turn the intake plenum around so the throttle bodies are in the front? It looks like all the bolt holes and connectors would still line up correctly. Granted I'm only basing this on looking at pictures right now. I won't see my car for another 2 months still.

If this is possible then we could fabricate a cold air induction system using the top two openings on the grill. It would be kind of similiar to the intake on a camaro. Look at the pics of Buschman's Firehawk to kind of get the idea of what I'm talking about. This should also take care of the air being heated before reaching the TBs.

Please give me some feedback on this. Am I just talking crazy because I'm tired or could this actually work? :confused:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
one answer. don't think it would work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Another member had the same thoughts as you but alas, Nope, not do-able.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aside from the accelerator cable and throttle body connections not being in the same place anymore what other reasons are there for this not working?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i was thikning more along the lines that if you turn the thing around the inlet holes on the engine won't line up with the outlets from the manifold.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I can tell the intake runners look like they'll line up either way. It looks pretty symetrical to me. Even the bolt holes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mines off the vehicle at the moment, due to my engine rebuild. I can sit it back on top fairly easily, I will have a play over the weekend and let you know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good luck trying to close the hood like that. Or your could grab the circ saw and cut a hood scoop. GHETTO RAM AIR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts