DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Sorry for the double post, but I put the post in the wrong forum to begin with. Forgive my noobness here. I'm recently getting into working on my 2004 Dodge Intrepid ES with the 3.5L V6 engine myself. I need help understanding what I need to buy. I know I need to replace a vacuum hose elbow on the back side of the intake manifold just above the throttle body to the left of the PCV valve, but I can't find anything that references the size that I need. While the engine is running, the vacuum hose elbow is collapsing and I'm afraid that is going to cause issues later if it isn't already. I don't know if I'm even using the right terminology on all this. I'm learning as I go as quickly as I can. Here is a picture to help illustrate exactly what part I'm talking about.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this might be a replacement. It's a universal elbow from Advance Auto Parts. I'd rather get an exact fit, but if this works fine, I'm happy.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...elbow-47411/5707250-P?searchTerm=vacuum+elbow

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Premium Member
17,736 Posts
This is MARAUDER2003's post copied from the other location of this thread:

MARAUDER2003
3 h ago, Intake Manifold Vacuum Hose Connection
Dorman Help! product number 47029 (PCV elbow) is the closest thing I have found so far.

·
Premium Member
17,736 Posts
Sounds like MARAUDER2003 has the answer.

Not sure how well the rubber on the Dorman part will hold up. You could also check local salvage yards for 2nd gen LH cars to get that part off of. 2.7 engines have an elbow there too - probably identical part - if so, engine size wouldn't matter, but from 3.2 or 3.5 would be a sure bet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts