1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
545 Posts
-Our engines aren't "in-line" are they? I'm not completely familiar with all the engine terms, but the intrepid motor is a 60 degree V. That's not much of an inline to me.

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
JC Whitney enough said

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, it had Dodge Intrepid listed on there for application. I wasn't aware that JC Whitney wasn't good for accuracy.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
lol JC Whitney ain't good for much lol

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I know...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You know how much work it is just to get to your stock plenum? You have to depressurize the fuel system, take off your air filter stuff, remove the accelerator and cruise control wires, and thats just step 3 of 18 just to get AT the plenum in my Haynes manual....

-Brandon

·
Registered
545 Posts
-I just replaced valve cover gaskets yesterday, and yes, that intake plenum is a b*tch to get off! Removing hoses, bolts, cables, wires, all this crap, and its such a pain! AND I have to take it off AGAIN tomorrow to get at my fuel rail (I messed up an injector yesterday).

-BaTmAn

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
the 3.3 i like working on. Ive had the engine apart 7 times and would do it again in a heart beat. the 3.5 i would hate to take that apart. The only thing the 3.3 pisses me off with THE EGR TUBE..... dont touch the head while removing the 2 bolts.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
yeah. I love the 3.3L cause its so small, and I can fit my hands completely on every spark plug, and just about every part of the engine. So easy to work with..

-Brandon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts