DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i just put my intake on but i made it my self and i didnt know i needed a heat sheild. so now im coming to you guys to help me design somthing for my 00 2.7 L.

Same picture just bigger

·
Registered
709 Posts
A the wonders of short ram intakes aka warm air intakes aka you'll be doing yourself justice to A get a heat sheild and to B extend the intake pipe to place the filter more where the factory one was due to it's better access to cooler air.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sport/SoundEdition said:
A the wonders of short ram intakes aka warm air intakes aka you'll be doing yourself justice to A get a heat sheild and to B extend the intake pipe to place the filter more where the factory one was due to it's better access to cooler air.

thx for your imput and if i extend my pipe down by the battier do u think that will give me some more power and would i still have to get a heat sheild

·
Registered
709 Posts
It will get you closer to cooler air, but it's always best to creat a zone of cooler flowing air that's not getting flooded with heat from the motor or radiator.

·
Registered
709 Posts
You won't need one but like a lot of things in life you'll get better performance with it. Mainly it isolates the filter from the warm air being blown thru the radiator and the heat coming off the cats.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
basically, with a heatshield, you give yourself the opportunity to create a sealed area within the engine bay that keeps the hottest air out, i.e. what comes off the catalytic converters, etc. a sealed area also can make a high-pressure zone that forces a bit more air in (i.e. works best with a scoop). the heatshield should be made out of something like aluminum or something equivalent, and have it ceramic coated, since that will do a better job of insulation than just bare aluminum.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Is it just me, or does that plumbing look small (diameter)?! You've already got the filter, now you just need some heave guage PVC and some aluminum and two 45 degree elbows, along with the heatshield and you'll be all set! :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts