DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was looking at Joekd's sig...

Where did you get the tube used? And what material is it?

Also, anyone else have any ideas for intake
tubes [mine is kida ghetto right now... jus
see my pics that artifex posted]

I talked to an exahust shop about bending me
some 3" pipe, but the guy said it would be
to hard, cost to much, and wouldnt work very
well... something about 8" between bends..
He suggested I try looking for something
like a flex tube... he said hes seen them
before... kinda looks like stanless steel
hosing... any clue??

Any other ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Would not recommend the flex tube. It often leaks quite badly. Why are you going with 3" pipe? Way overkill if you ask me. If I were going to redo my exhaust I would either go with 2" dual all the way back. Maybe even 1 7/8" because that is what goes into the last cat and that would probably go bye-bye. Or if I went single I would stick with 1 1/2" and get mandrel bent for better flow and better mufflers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
jnutz, he was talking about an intake :D

3 inches is definitely overkill for exhaust but good for intake :)

97purple_trep, he's right about the flex tube. It's flexible because there are gaps between the rings of steel. It's ok for a tailpipe after the muffler(s) but it will leak under pressure

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry I thought he was killing two topics with one post. My bad.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all good Jnutz... ps... you have any ideas?

Hmmmm.... In my application I dont think pvc
would be a wise choice.... or would it??

Mabey if I get some and paint it with heat resistant paint... is that exactly what you did Joekd?

Any other Ideas.... Im trying to go from the T-tube [next to TB] to a spot down in frount of the pass. side wheel well. see pics below...
one pic
pic two

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: 97purple_trep ]

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
the PVC is the insulator for the tube, it keeps all that underhood heat away from your air

I used high heat spray paint, I painted the pipes, let them dry for about 2 hours and then did another coat until I had a total of about 5 coats then I did the assembly/install and fianlly added the decals at the very end

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, Joekd, did you see my pics? [do they work ?? :confused: ]
Do you think that kind of thing might work for me or not?? Sounds promising, the only thing I have to think about is the 2-3 turns in the pipe.

What do the Intake kits use for pipe? [U know, like the ones used on ricers] Isnt it like steel piping? Is it bent or molded in the shape its in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts