DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,
Over the weekend, I got in touch with a contact at Modo Innovations www.modoinnovations.com The make really high quality racing pedals for many applications. I saw their products on an episode of Trucks on Spike TV, and was very interested in them. I sent them an e-mail inquiring about their products, and a possibility of making a set of pedals for the LH cars. I have corresponded with Shannon Odom, who works for Modo. I told her that there was potential of some sales from the LH community for a high quality product such as this. She is wanting to see if there is enough of an interest to justify tooling up for this product.
So, if you are interested, jump in line here, and lets get things started

Here are some pics of their products installed:

Please check out the website, and signup here for the list.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
How much money are we talking?

EDIT: I just looked at their site. It looks like $130+ a set. Way too much for me to spend on pedals.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will get some pricing information

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW guys,
I dunno if you can tell this or not, but these pedals have a backing plate that the top pedal screws into. They are much higher quality than the junk that is out on the market currently. These will be custom made for our application. They will have to acquire pedal assemblies from our cars to make these available. These are really top notch products!!

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
They look good but just aren't jumping out at me. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for with pedals but I'll know it when I see it, and I'd be more than glad to fork out the cash for a good product.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sonicrob said:
hard to tell the color but are they a polished aluminum? or chrome?
They are brushed aluminum IIRC.
Here is an e-mail I got from Shannon @ Modo:

Tom,

I really can't give you actual quote until I have a set of factory pedal assemblies in hand and look at what I have to work with. Unfortunately there are no standards in the automotive industry for pedals. Each manufacturer has their own design, radii and shape, and these are not all the same for the entire line.

Price......It all depends on how many sets are needed and if they are for a manual or an automatic transmission. One set will be far more expensive due to tooling. In other words if I build a set of dies for an automatic set and only use them once for one set the price starts at $250 per set. If I use that set of dies for lets say 10 sets the cost is spread out over the ten sets. My normal price for automatic sets start out at $129 per set and the normal manual sets starts out at $135 per set.

The normal automatic set consists of 1 gas, 1 brake and 1 e-brake pedal, also all the mounting hardware and installation instructions are included.

The normal manual set consists of 1 gas, 1 brake, 1 clutch and 1 e-brake pedal, also all the mounting hardware and installation instructions are included.

I am sorry this is so complicated.

Thanks,

Shannon
These are not cheesy pedals...these are custom made specifically for our application.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
They dont look that bad i personally can not justify paying that much for them i think i would want to see what they look like in a lh car Photoshop anyone.

Tho after reading i noticed that the original poster has commented on the quality in 3 of the 4 post which bothers me. Feels like a naggy salesman in a store trying to sell me something and doesnt quit.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Tom,
What is happening with the pedals? any takers? For a $129 bucks I am on the list. Although it would be nice to have a left foot rest.
I kind of thought it was a dead subject....but if you are interested, I will contact Shannon...It would be nice to have at least 5 people jump in, and I do agree with the "dead pedal"..I'll bring that up as well.

Tho after reading i noticed that the original poster has commented on the quality in 3 of the 4 post which bothers me. Feels like a naggy salesman in a store trying to sell me something and doesnt quit.
That is your perception....I am trying to make the point that these aren't cheesy APC pedals, or rice-related crap like that. If you don't like it, don't read it!! For in the end, it is all about choices!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Your right it is but you do not have to point out the quality every post most of us already read that comment in you first second and fourth post and now 5th post. Oh well your right i wont read your post anymore wouldnt want to you to repeat yourself again on the quality of a part that hasnt even been produced. just just because they make good quality for one car it doesnt always mean the other car will have the same quality look at todays cars some good some bad.

Hope you have a superior day

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Great White said:
I'm sure others like them and to each his own, but they just scream "RICE " to me (no matter what the quality).

No sale.

Cheers

BJ
Not only that, but aren't metal plates dangerous when your shoes are wet? I put racing pedals on my Bronco (I was in high school and naive) and everytime I would drive after walking in a rain my foot was always near slipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
I am the guy who makes these pedal covers that are posted above.

The question about wet feet and our covers comes up all the time. Although the pics above don't show them very well, all of our brake and clutch pedals have grip risers that are strategically placed on the pedals to insure the proper grip.

As far as quality goes....I am a very particular person (the wife calls it anal..LOL) If I wouldn't put it on my car it doesn't leave the shop, period. Fit is the most important feature, if it doesn't fit it won't work like it is designed to.

Ricer....man you know how to cut a guys heart out. No I'm kidding, everyone has their own taste and I respect that. You have to have a thick skin in this business or we would be mad all the time.

On thing that I am very proud of....GM's High Performance Division recently unveiled their new LSX engine at the 2006 SEMA show. They built a very nice 69 Camaro to host this new engine. They used our pedal covers for this build. This car is owned by "Mr. October" Reggie Jackson and he also had alot of input for the build. The car also showed up on the season premier of "HOTROD TV" last weekend.
There are some very good pictures out on the web of this car and the absolute best pic of our pedal covers that I have seen. If you would like to see the pic just put in Reggie Jackson's 69 LSX Camaro into google...rsportcars has a good set of pics (grip risers show up well). The site wouldn't allow me to link to the site since this is my first post.

The pics in the above posts are of customers cars, the blue car was at SEMA in 2005. The 2006 SEMA show had 3 cars that I know of with our pedal covers on them.

Anyway, I will check back later. This site has alot of nice cars on it and I hope that I can build you guys some pedal covers. Also if you want a dead pedal, I can do that as well. Keep your comments coming.

Shannon :fun_08:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
yeah... to each their own but, racing pedals on an Intrepid ??
Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Hey Tom, got any BIGGER pictures ??

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yeah, wouldn't really want one myself, but not against it either. Looks a lot better than 22" bling bling rims...

(damn, I've got to let myself get over this rim ****)

·
Banned
972 Posts
Thanks for the post Shannon. I was wondering if you had grip risers on there, couldn't tell from the pics. I'm not sure if I would be on the list or not, I think they are cool, but I like subtle more than ostentatious. Is there a possibility of other finishes? I might be interested in something like a black finish. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gigamight said:
Is there a possibility of other finishes? I might be interested in something like a black finish. Just a thought.
Sure, I have had customers that have requested a black finish. I have had them powdercoated in the past and even black hardcoat anodized. The powdercoating is alot more durable but costs $40 more for one set, this is due to a minimum of a $65 charge that my powdercoat guy has. He puts them in with his other black stuff so he only charges me the $40. Now if there are more sets I can spread the cost out depending on how many sets are coated.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts