DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just returned today from a road trip to Michigan to see my brother.

I drove out on Friday and met my brother at his dealership. Since we were there, he went ahead and replaced the belts on my car. He asked if I wanted an oil change and I said "Sure!" I asked if he could take a look under the car while he had it up, because I was smelling burnt oil.

Well, he goes to take the drain plug off and it basically pops out in his hand. He looks in the hole and it is totally stripped! F'in Jiffy Lube totally stripped out my drain plug hole and never bothered to say a word to me! So, instead of just doing an oil change, my brother ended up putting a new oil pan on the car. And since the last oil change the oil had been dripping slowly around the plug, hence the burnt oil smell.

In case anyone doesn't know, the oil pans are made of aluminum which I guess is for weight, but seems a little odd, because something like this could happen pretty easily since the drain plug is made of steel.

Anyway, he fixed it (and luckily didn't charge me for a thing) So I am going to write Jiffy Lube and let them know that I am never going there again and will tell every person I meet to never go there either.

As a plus, he did get me a 2.7 Magnum badge from a Sebring that I put on my trunk. I'll take some pics of it tomorrow and post it.

It's good to be back! :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Nice trip. I heard too many horror stories about Jiffy Lube to ever go back there.

They suck.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
hmm...maybe i shouldnt go there anymore. BTW...the emblem looks sweet :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
A New Years Resolution:

Don't take your car to ANY of these Jiffy Oil Change Shops.

(The Bastards CRUNCHED my Oil Filter.)

·
Registered
602 Posts
these lube places also use the wrong ATF, not Mopar ATF 3 or 4 like when my mother in law let them top off her fluids. They claim they have the fluid but I think it's just dexron with some additive which is not an appropriate subsitution in a Chrysler vehicle, especially front wheel drive. Her plug got stripped too and they never said anything about it. It sucks because the next person that performs an Oil change get's the metal shavings and stripped end of it. These guys usually don't know Mopar. This is something I think Chrysler should do something about because after about 15 Oil changes it's usually stripped or messed up. Who knows how many people have this condition.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did I mention I also got a ticket in Ohio for doing 80 in a 65? Dammit!!!

$100.00 down the drain! And it was like 5 in the morning too.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dude, I should have warned you about Ohio Highway Patrol, they love to write tickets

Also.. my friend works in the parts department of our local 5 Star Dodge dealer. He said that the Mopar ATF-4 has a newer formulation that includes some additives that he thought were similar to the anti-foam.

·
Registered
602 Posts
oh cool, interesting man.... yeah I think they also have a TSB out about using the new Mopar 9602 stuff that is now supposedly being used as a factory fill in that is the replacement for 7176.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts